Hey Everyone

I am Looking to upgrade the Sound system in my 2005 Buick Rainier CXL with premium Bose Sound system with on-star,

I am keeping the stock speakers because they are loud as hell and they sound great - they have a factory amp as well

I have already bought a Kentwood Exelion x500-1 Mono Block D AMP - 2 Ohm 500w Rms - 4 Ohm 300w rms - 8 Guage to amp

A Hertz 10'' EXB250 - 10 guage to the woofer

Pac Audio Radio Pro 5 RP5-GM11 Harness

Double Din Dash Kit

I really like hip hop and heavy bass-- and the 10'' i have does not pound that hard... - music i listen to psyph morrison, Eminem, lil wayne, B-Legit, Ect.

I was wondering if it would be better to go with 2 Rockford Fosgate p1 10's or 2 12's

and if i go with 12's will i need to upgrade that amp as well as the gauge of wiring

and also what would a good head unit be and what should i spend$

I live in Canada..

Also i want to do the install myself - I watched lots of youtube videos on harness install and it looks relatively easy and i subscribed to meade916 - and steve is the man

If i require any upgrades please say so give me links on the parts would be super helpfull,,

- AMP

- Headunit

- Woofers - I really like the rockford fosgate subs

- Gauge of wiring

I will post pics on the website when i begin the install

Thanks

Christopher

My vehicle

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/3100-buick-rainier/?tab=images

2005 Buick Rainier CXL - Bose Premium & OnStar

Subs - P1 x 2 Ported Box

Amp - Kentwood Excelon X500-1 Mono block D amp - 1000W rms 1- Ohm 500W rms 2 ohm

Deck Kentwood BD362U

Mids / Highs - Bose Premium Sound System

YouTube Video of system

Archived