T40001bd where does it rank

beast of an amp but you have to make sure you have the electrical to support it

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

the DC 5k is a straight beast too though so depends on what wattage i wanted to run or brand, that's a hard one for me. I have owned both...should have kept both......

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

They should have kept the T4000 for a longer run.. By the time I saved to get them they where out everywhere.. Would be nice to see fosgate make big boy amps again..4.5k and 5k without the constant power to keep cost down

Id do the dc 5k just because of repair costs. Both are tanks.

Dude that is killing me is using the 3k models, and his boards make the same power as my 3800's. Impresive for sure.

Then again, in your rig H, i may do the RF board, just for the epic factor :)

They're strong amps but prone to random self destruct and repair is incredibly expensive if one blows up on you. Plenty of guys run them for a decade daily without trouble, but I've heard a few reports of just just turning them on and they blow up for no apparent reason. Happened to a friend of mine and confirmed with Ampmedics that it has happened to other people.

The DC 5K appears to be the same board as the old Sundown 4500D which is a proven performer, so nothing wrong with that. Personally if I were shopping for a 5K I'd be looking at the American Bass 500.1. They're tried and tested and can be had used for short money. Any of the cookie cutter Korean 5K boards will be far cheaper and easier to get fixed than the RF if anything goes wrong.