No sound

Some reason the sound on my laptop just stopped working. I was watching a video on youtube and all the sudden the audio just cut out. I tried a few different videos and the same thing, no sound. I tried to play music I had on my laptop and all the programs I have to play it said it couldn't play that kind of file. I went to the device manager and checked to see if the drivers were up to date and they are. I've done a little search on Google and can't find a solution. What do I need to do to fix this? I could just use my desktop, but the network adapter on that got fried during a lighting storm even though the computer was plugged into a surge protector. I seem to have bad luck with computers.

So let me get this straight. You where watching a youtube vid and your audio crapped out. Even after trying to play song files on the computer it just pops up saying cannot play this file, even though it could before this happened?

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

So I'm asking the few usual questions lol. You try restarting? Also, to to device manager, and then go to sound, make sure it's selected to the right audio device. I don't think that is the problem however. Do you have good anti malware and anti virus software? If the proper device is selected I would suggest a simple system restore to the nearest date.

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I did try restarting it, it's done this before and restarting seemed to work before but last night no such luck. I run AVG 2015 on my laptop. When I was in device manager I checked everything that said audio. They all had the current driver software updates.

My bad, I meant to say control panel. Go there then go to sound. Make sure it is selected to the proper device.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Only shows one audio device

What's the name of that audio device? Do you happen to know the name of the sound card, or sound device for that computer? Because if it doesn't match that then that is the problem. I would suggest doing a system restore to the earliest date before this happened.

Edit: also, look into the program CCleaner, it is a free program with a paid version so make sure you select the free one. It is made by a company called Piriform, just so you get the right one. And use the feature on it, registry cleaner. Do this after your restore of course. Some malicious software likes to fuck with your registry, which could be what happened to you.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

restore to earlier point and be upset that your windows is starting to bugout

Im guessing its been a few years since you re-installed windows

after a while bugs and errors will start to happen unless you have an elite computer

I fixed it by going to realtek's website and downloaded a new driver. With this laptop being less than a year old, I wouldn't think I would have to do that. Oh well, at least it's fixed.

Archived