Second Skin Audio

I wouldnt use to seal boxes personally to be honest.

I wish this product came out a little sooner because this is exactly what i needed to reseal my lights after doing a retrofit. I basiclly spent double the money for a inferior butyl product that im using now.

a couple good uses off the top of my head:

sealing tail or headlights after custom modifications

resealing the stock guard on the door after installing speakers, crossovers & tweeters

any plastic or metal installation of speakers and tweeters

can be used in conjunction with Damplifier to seal larger gaps in sheet metal (example in my old car the front firing subs had alot of acoustic cancellation and needed an air tight seal between the cabin and trunk. In between the rear deck and the trunk there were several largeish holes in the sheet metal that when covered with only damplifier wasnt very stable as is much less with 150db of pressure once everything would be complete. Since this was before this product was out what i ended up doing was basiclly getting a sheet of damp pro peeling off the foil layer and putting the butly into a ball. then rolling ball into the desired rope shape to then be shoved in the corner of the trunk and covered with damp pro)

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Nice info EmperorJJ1,

Thanks for the uses.

Second Skin For The Win!!!

Whether you are restoring a classic muscle car, building an audio system monster, or trying to give yourself a bit of silent luxury on your daily commute, we have a product or combination of products that will help you achieve your goals while saving money and save time. Look around our site, educate yourself and make the choice that is right for you.

Over built to over perform - because user error, bad batch, and faulty install are excuses that other companies use!

468x60.png

I wouldnt use to seal boxes personally to be honest.

I wish this product came out a little sooner because this is exactly what i needed to reseal my lights after doing a retrofit. I basiclly spent double the money for a inferior butyl product that im using now.

a couple good uses off the top of my head:

sealing tail or headlights after custom modifications

resealing the stock guard on the door after installing speakers, crossovers & tweeters

any plastic or metal installation of speakers and tweeters

can be used in conjunction with Damplifier to seal larger gaps in sheet metal (example in my old car the front firing subs had alot of acoustic cancellation and needed an air tight seal between the cabin and trunk. In between the rear deck and the trunk there were several largeish holes in the sheet metal that when covered with only damplifier wasnt very stable as is much less with 150db of pressure once everything would be complete. Since this was before this product was out what i ended up doing was basiclly getting a sheet of damp pro peeling off the foil layer and putting the butly into a ball. then rolling ball into the desired rope shape to then be shoved in the corner of the trunk and covered with damp pro)

I meant for when you want to have a removable panel on a box and you need a gasket

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

...specifically the word removable. Have you ever tried to remove secondskin?

I would think this product would work better for more permanent applications. Haha and now i'm off to find a reason to order some...

Edited by mrd6
  • Like (+1 Rep) 2

Team NorthWestSPL

using it as a gasket to seal something would work well but ya if it needs to be removalbe then you may want to look else where. My whole thing was just with the product sticking to wood. Most people make boxes out of wood and most of those are MDF. If MDF is one or both of the surfaces that need to be sealed then this may not be the best solution for that specifically. Metal and plastic is really what you would focus using this on.

I havent tried this with this particular butyl but you can remove butyl with heat. just how well and how possible it is to re use it is debatable

Edited by emperorjj1
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

• 2 weeks later...

Just food for thought:

I went to your website to look for this product. I clicked on products tab to open that: http://store.secondskinaudio.com/brands/second-skin-audio and i clicked low to high. Couldnt find this. I had to come here to find the link because i can't find it on your website. :/

HU: Pioneer DMH-Z5350BT

Mids & Highs: ML280.3, ML700.3, ML1800.3 Mille Legend Series 3 way

Lows: x3 JL Audio 12TW3 powered by JL Audio RD1500/1 

Cable: x2 Skyhigh 0 Gage OFC kits. Skyhigh 8 gage & 16 gage OFC speaker cable

Sound Deadener: 121 sq feet of Skyhigh 120mil
DSP: AudioControl DM 810

Project Build Log

Click here: 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee SQ Build to see the build progress.

Just food for thought:

I went to your website to look for this product. I clicked on products tab to open that: http://store.secondskinaudio.com/brands/second-skin-audio and i clicked low to high. Couldnt find this. I had to come here to find the link because i can't find it on your website. :/

That is odd, I typed in our website, clicked on accessories and it is the very first thing listed. Also supposed to be on featured page, new product page and appears under search if you type the word ROPE.

We are curently working on adding a new section just for this one product, but if you try you can find it pretty easy (at least the 43 customers who have bought them in the past few weeks have found them pretty easy)

Thanks for the feedback, Good Luck and have a Great Day!!!

Edited by Second Skin
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

Whether you are restoring a classic muscle car, building an audio system monster, or trying to give yourself a bit of silent luxury on your daily commute, we have a product or combination of products that will help you achieve your goals while saving money and save time. Look around our site, educate yourself and make the choice that is right for you.

Over built to over perform - because user error, bad batch, and faulty install are excuses that other companies use!

468x60.png

what is the usage for (damn) damp rope?

Edited by gally

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X