Second Skin Audio

so this would be a good product for sealing taillights... I cant seem to keep the water out of my right rear taillight.... I have had to keep placing it in the oven to dry it out and trying new things... last thing I did was "silicone" in all the seams.... it rained.... did not work.... its driving me nuts

so this would be a good product for sealing taillights... I cant seem to keep the water out of my right rear taillight.... I have had to keep placing it in the oven to dry it out and trying new things... last thing I did was "silicone" in all the seams.... it rained.... did not work.... its driving me nuts

i used basically the same thing to seal my headlights. just remember you need to bake them after

Edited by emperorjj1

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

That is odd, I typed in our website, clicked on accessories and it is the very first thing listed. Also supposed to be on featured page, new product page and appears under search if you type the word ROPE.

We are curently working on adding a new section just for this one product, but if you try you can find it pretty easy (at least the 43 customers who have bought them in the past few weeks have found them pretty easy)

Thanks for the feedback, Good Luck and have a Great Day!!!

I see now. Under tools & accessories you do see it but when you click on products on the top http://store.secondskinaudio.com/brands/Second-Skin-Audio.html?sort=priceasc its not there. Though logically I can see why.

is this made with the same butyl rubber as your sound deadener and not Speaker Sealing Caulk like on parts express?

Edited by Joseph Chambers

HU: Pioneer DMH-Z5350BT

Mids & Highs: ML280.3, ML700.3, ML1800.3 Mille Legend Series 3 way

Lows: x3 JL Audio 12TW3 powered by JL Audio RD1500/1 

Cable: x2 Skyhigh 0 Gage OFC kits. Skyhigh 8 gage & 16 gage OFC speaker cable

Sound Deadener: 121 sq feet of Skyhigh 120mil
DSP: AudioControl DM 810

Project Build Log

Click here: 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee SQ Build to see the build progress.

Yes it is the same high quality butyl rubber used in Damplifier products for over 15 years.

We would defer the tail light question to emperor JJ as he has used similar product in this manner and he has always provided quality and valuable input to many forums including our own. It should be very water resistant and keep water out of them. This is just a new product to us, so we are still exploring and testing all its uses.

It is a high quality American made Second Skin Damplifier product and it will stand up to the test of time. Over Engineered, To Over Perform!!!

Edited by Second Skin

Whether you are restoring a classic muscle car, building an audio system monster, or trying to give yourself a bit of silent luxury on your daily commute, we have a product or combination of products that will help you achieve your goals while saving money and save time. Look around our site, educate yourself and make the choice that is right for you.

Over built to over perform - because user error, bad batch, and faulty install are excuses that other companies use!

468x60.png

Just sent you a PM second skin if you could take a look for me

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

would be a willing guinea pig for said headlight re-sealing test. lol both headlights and a tail light on my 04 avalanche need sealed. the tail light literally fills up to the point i have to drain it. lol but for 16 bucks ill have to order some soon.

This page is crispy_chick3n approved.

© crispy_chick3n inc

have you even looked at the lights yet? This isn't a miracle going to fix all product but you can use it to reseal lights you take apart. From what you stated you dont really need to take apart the lights. Before one can recommend a product to fix the problem you have to find out what it is first. If the lights are holding enough water you have to drain them then at some point it looks like the seal is just fine. So how does the water get in the lights to begin with?

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

have you even looked at the lights yet? This isn't a miracle going to fix all product but you can use it to reseal lights you take apart. From what you stated you dont really need to take apart the lights. Before one can recommend a product to fix the problem you have to find out what it is first. If the lights are holding enough water you have to drain them then at some point it looks like the seal is just fine. So how does the water get in the lights to begin with?

the factory seal on the lights is old, dried out, and cracked. the tail light needs re sealed at the top to about half way down. i can see seperation in it to just above the reverse light on it. as for the headlights they just get a wee bit of moisture inside the lens every now and then. ive had to replace the majority of rubber seals on this truck, due to the fact that it has been a gravel road truck its entire life. excess dust doesnt agree with rubber. im aware that this isnt a "mericle fix-all" product, but i figured id give it a shot before shelling out damn near $500 for new headlight housings.

p.s. im not some little kid posting just to post i do my research before i search for solutions.

/rant

This page is crispy_chick3n approved.

© crispy_chick3n inc

J Chambers, thanks for the heads up, I believe we have most of the listing issues fixed, still working on the categories. I actually found about 12 products with the same listing issue :lol: , so I thank you for your input. Have an awesome day.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Whether you are restoring a classic muscle car, building an audio system monster, or trying to give yourself a bit of silent luxury on your daily commute, we have a product or combination of products that will help you achieve your goals while saving money and save time. Look around our site, educate yourself and make the choice that is right for you.

Over built to over perform - because user error, bad batch, and faulty install are excuses that other companies use!

468x60.png