Second Skin Audio

Please help not satisfied with new setup

Zbak

Alright alright. But in all seriousness, yes, put sound deadener underneath carpet and panels directly onto the sheet metal of your car. The more you add onto the trunk lid, the heavier it gets, making it harder to vibrate. But you won't eliminate it completely without sealing the subs off from the trunk firing into the cabin, or sealing your trunk shut to never open again without cutting it.

An easy trick to lessen the license plate vibration is to put something between the plate and the trunk mounting area. Neoprene material or subflooring barrier material work nicely. Also any panel vibration inside the cab can be lessened with stuffing spongy foam pads in the open.cavity where the vibration occurs. I did that with some spare spongy foam pads that came with a subwoofer I purchased from Ebay. It eliminated the abs rear trim panel vibration!

-Frank

Alright alright. But in all seriousness, yes, put sound deadener underneath carpet and panels directly onto the sheet metal of your car. The more you add onto the trunk lid, the heavier it gets, making it harder to vibrate. But you won't eliminate it completely without sealing the subs off from the trunk firing into the cabin, or sealing your trunk shut to never open again without cutting it.

Thank you bro

Thank you bro

An easy trick to lessen the license plate vibration is to put something between the plate and the trunk mounting area. Neoprene material or subflooring barrier material work nicely. Also any panel vibration inside the cab can be lessened with stuffing spongy foam pads in the open.cavity where the vibration occurs. I did that with some spare spongy foam pads that came with a subwoofer I purchased from Ebay. It eliminated the abs rear trim panel vibration!

-Frank

thanks mr. Nutz

Archived