OK, long story short, one of the guys in our local competition scene died in a rollover on the way home from a show this summer. His widow has a pile of very high end audio equipment. Not sure what he actually had, but I've seen him show up to shows with 8K and bigger amps, RE XXX, DC LV6, DD-Z, etc. etc. So that's the sort of gear he'd have kicking around.

Now obviously this stuff isn't going to sell on Craigslist and his surviving family doesn't have an established eBay account so we're looking to get this stuff posted on forums.

I'm going to go over there today and help them catalog what's there, test things, and try to get them set up with accounts on some audio forums. There's plenty of guys in the area that'll vouch for this guy's family so it's not just my say-so (though I have plenty of trade/buy/sell refs online).

Looking for input/advice on how to best get this stuff into good homes. Should I just post it as my own or have the family open a paid account here and on CACO or whatever and deal with it themselves?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

If you are willing to stick your neck out for them and handle the transactions online etc then it's much easier to sell as an established part. As long as you have the ability to get hands on with the gear and ship if something starts to go sideways I have no issue in this case. They aren't forum members and it's a dire circumstance.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

You're a little more than 100 posts away and people here know of you. I think you should sell it on the forums that you are a member of.

I don't think you get it. It's not MY stuff. It used to belong to a guy who attended a lot of local shows and now it belongs to his widow.

If you are willing to stick your neck out for them and handle the transactions online etc then it's much easier to sell as an established part. As long as you have the ability to get hands on with the gear and ship if something starts to go sideways I have no issue in this case. They aren't forum members and it's a dire circumstance.

His family is really good people and if buyers pay with paypal they're covered. Like I said, myself and others in this region will vouch for them and that the gear exists and is legit. My part will be just to test stuff, tell the family what it all is, what's a fair price, and get them signed up to forums where it'll sell.

If they were a little closer I'd personally handle all the gear and shipping and whatever and I don't know if I really want to store it all here and broker it like that. If they can't move it we may come to that. I am plenty established on CACO, DIYMA, and CA.com for selling.

So does a "premium" account here have privileges to sell right away? This guy's family definitely isn't interested in joining forums and participating to bump up a post count until they can sell, just trying to clear out his old stuff that they'll never use.

I shall also suggest Facebook audio group, can anybody link which is best/legit?

You're a little more than 100 posts away and people here know of you. I think you should sell it on the forums that you are a member of.

I don't think you get it. It's not MY stuff. It used to belong to a guy who attended a lot of local shows and now it belongs to his widow.

I can read. I know it's not yours but you are the one who is known around here and other forums. Unless the party you are speaking of is a contributor in the forums, you are gonna be more trusted. This one is national, all the other ones I'm in are local. https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheBassMart/

I can read. I know it's not yours but you are the one who is known around here and other forums. Unless the party you are speaking of is a contributor in the forums, you are gonna be more trusted. This one is national, all the other ones I'm in are local. https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheBassMart/

Thanks for the link!

So as an update looking over what was there it wasn't that much. Apparently he was doing a little wheeling and dealing (I was kind of expecting to see every piece of gear he ever turned up at a show with) so there's not too much big stuff. The best of the lot so far is stuff that won't ship well (18" LV6 and a couple 110AH batteries). The RF Symetry, Critical Mass and Focal stuff will likely do better on DIYMA anyway. Once his family gets what's left of his car back from the state police there will be a big amp and a DD-Z in there. Hopefully it all still functions.

His wife said that he did have a CACO account so she's going to try to just use that herself or sign up there, lastly, I think there's enough small stuff that she can build up some refs just selling wires, distro blocks, etc. He did a bit of installing on Craigslist so there's a lot of odds and ends as far as install accessories plus some nice 1-of speakers and other small ticket items for ref count building.

Anyway, thanks for the help, guys.

you have a better chance of selling everything on CACO, everything sells over there. its a little rough to sell things here for some reason.

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.