amp stolen need some legal advice

The dealership took responsibility the minute they accepted the car in order to provide services.

Get with the lawyer, he will go over all this with you.

Wouldn't he have to prove the amp was in the car when he brought it there?

Thats the thing... Just noticed I didn't say this in the original post it wasn't hooked up yet as Ive only had the car for a few months haven't had the time to put it in... so it was just laying in the trunk. Thats why I'm thinking its gonna be harder to prove it was in my car

The dealership took responsibility the minute they accepted the car in order to provide services.

Thats the thing... Just noticed I didn't say this in the original post it wasn't hooked up yet as Ive only had the car for a few months haven't had the time to put it in... so it was just laying in the trunk. Thats why I'm thinking its gonna be harder to prove it was in my car

Burden of proof will apply here that's why I said hope you have receipts. At least with the receipts you can have proof that an amp does exist. with a police report you go on record claiming it's lost with consequences if you lie. A lawyer needs this to at least even consider taking it to court. At teh end of the day this is a he said she said civil matter.

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

I don't think you'll have much luck legally because (at least in a lot of shops in California) there are signs posted around shops that clearly state that they are not responsible for any personal belongings left in the vehicle.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

File a police report

Log items missing

Hope you have receipts

Hope lawyer does a good job

This is open and shut.

You know the who, dealer and detailer

You know the what, your car stereo equipment

The why, they are stupid

You know the when, last weekend

let the lawyer earn his keep. If your going that route stop talking to the parties involved. Don't threaten with a lawyer unless your going to use one

This ^^ i would also got back to the detailing place, ask the owner if he was aware of the situation, and ask if the employee's that worked on your car were there, if they are i would go up to them and let them know i'd be pushing for crimnal action against whomever stole it. Aswell as legal action against the business. Give them a grace period, to "find it". Alot of times people just dont think clearly but i've found if you give some people an out they usually take it before the road gets bumpier

My .02. Hope you get it back op

I don't think you'll have much luck legally because (at least in a lot of shops in California) there are signs posted around shops that clearly state that they are not responsible for any personal belongings left in the vehicle.

it was in the care of the dealership they are responsible for the car so that sign is irrelevant ..........if he can prove the dealership or the detailer were careless they are liable for said items like leaving car unlocked for example.. { there is a federal law dealing with it too lazy to look it up} .... if he can't hes kinda screwed he can complain that's about it...

Thanks guys really appreciate all the help.... Decided to go over everything in my car last night and also noticed my pair of Ray bans I had in the glovebox are also gone as well. I basically said I'll give them today to make it right or get my stuff back if I hear nothing by the end of the day I'm just gonna have my lawyer deal with it all. I'll keep you guys updated

Honestly the only advice you should be taking right now is from Rolex. I'm not saying everyone else is wrong, but if you knew his profession then you would understand why he is saying the stuff he is.

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

Archived