Sundown Audio

Posted this earlier in a different subforum. Found this section and this seems a better place for this.

Sundown Audio website recommended enclosure for X12 dual 4 v2

Ported 2.5^3

Displacement .2
Tuning 32hz
Port Area 40^2

I was thinking that the 2.5 cubes is NET, but then I opened the box spec/cut sheet and see the recommended box size is 20x20x15.5. That is more like 2.77 gross.

Now I built that 20x20x15.5 and while building it, I noticed the port was way undersized (2"x14") so I made the port area wider by 3/4" (to get it closer to the 40sqin) which made the NET cubes 1.7^3 tuned to 40hz with 38.5 sqin port. This box sounds awesome with some songs with the sub up/port back but should definitely be tuned a bit lower to suit my needs.

I have to keep the port at least 8 inches away from the trunk wall, any closer it looses sound and rattles the heck out of my rear door. Problem is that it doesnt fit in my Scion xB without the seat folded down so I need to build another enclosure.

Can someone recommend a net size for this woofer?

If I have that, I can go from there. Any help is very appreciated.

I will be giving this woofer the rated power plus some.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Scion xB
Singer 275
Big 3 OFC 1/0
Kenwood ddx492
Alpine 4ch f600 - Alpine components

SoundQubed 4500 - Sundown Audio X12

I'm assuming that the 12's will be the same, but I emailed them about the 18's suggested specs, and the sketchup/cut sheet not being the same. He sent me a link to the ZV4 info, which if you look at the address as the "X" in it as well now.

http://www.sundownaudio.com/misc/Boxes/X-Zv.4/Sundown%201-X-Z-12.skp

I'm assuming that the 12's will be the same, but I emailed them about the 18's suggested specs, and the sketchup/cut sheet not being the same. He sent me a link to the ZV4 info, which if you look at the address as the "X" in it as well now.

I can't see their box/cut sheet or whatever, but I know that woofer like 2.25-2.5cf. So their recommendation is correct and I assume the cut sheet is off.

Build to to 2.25-2.5cf net @ 28-30hz.

Thank you TaylorFade! Do you like the 40 square inch port area too?

Yes, thats more like it. 2.29 NET, 36sqin port tuned to 35.8

Scion xB
Singer 275
Big 3 OFC 1/0
Kenwood ddx492

Playing with the box tune calculator, its hard to get the tuning that low when close to 40sqin port area.

Scion xB
Singer 275
Big 3 OFC 1/0
Kenwood ddx492