Sundown Audio

SVC 6000D - do I have enough electrical for it?

I just removed my US Amps 2000X from my truck due to the SAT light staying on. I'm looking for a higher power amp now and would like something that is going to fit my current overall amperage now. I have a Mechman 370 amp alternator running by itself charging a stock battery off the shelf for under the hood for just the truck. In the back for the amp I have 2 XS Power D3100 batteries with 1 run of Sky High 2/0 power wire from the alternator to the XS batteries. All power and ground are the same 2/0 gauge wire off the batteries. For subs I'm running 2 15" RE Audio XXXs (dual 4ohm) but I'm not sure what model year they are (any help figuring this out would help) since I've heard the old ones are better than the new ones. So I'm shopping for a 1 ohm stable amp. I don't want an amp that is gonna draw so much that I'm going to need another alternator or more batteries than what I have already. I was looking at the Sundown SCV 3000D at first but after talking with Brian over at Sundown he thinks that amp will be well underpowered for the RMS ratings on the subs. He suggested the SCV 6000D but I don't know if my electrical will be enough to handle that beast. I wouldn't mind buying the 6000D and running double power runs if that will be enough, but that's as far as I'd wanna go with it. I can't dump another $3k into the system. I'd like something that will handle what I already have and sound awesome day to day. So whatcha guys think? I really like the new Sundown stuff which is for 12 volt systems but I'm open to other companies. Really don't wanna spend more than $1400 on an amp either. Any help would be appreciated guys.

Thanks for that. I wanted to be sure before dropping over $1k on an amp that's just going to drain me for more money just to power the pig. The 3k is a nice amp it looks like it puts out impressive numbers, just over 3,334 watts @12.67 volts. That to me seems like a great fit for what I have. I'm looking into the 4k also like you said for head room. I think its better to have a little more power than wishing for more.

I found a 2 week old 6k for the same price as the 4k goes for. Might pick it up and grab another Mechman (not sure what size yet) since I don't have the room for any more batteries without making a new rack for them. At least with the extra alternator I'll know the power output will be there. Anyone got the 3k on a pair of subs as a daily? I like the sound of saving some cash especially if running the 4k or that cheaper 6k isn't gonna make that much of a difference daily driving it.

The fuse rating on the 6k says 500 amps. With it needing 2 separate power runs I know to run 2 in line fuses of 250 - 300 amps each. But what if I run a dual run on each output? Do I run 4 inline fuses from 125 - 150 each?

• 8 years later...