how much db or loudness will I lose if i do this..

nit3

These pictures are my exact car and trunk that I found on google. I want as much net cubic feet as I can get for 2 15s, want at least 3.5 apeice and its being pain the ass. I cant put my boxes in from the inside of the car through the back seat if it were to be removed. I was wondering If i made two boxes, instead of them normally being side by side both firing towards the rear with ports to the rear, how loud would it be if I had 1 sub firing toward the rear, with port, and the other box firing towards the size corner and the port would be on the a side too. here is a picture of what I mean. the first picture is a standard setup in my trunk with l7 second picture is what I want to do and want to know how much worse this could be, but i will have more cubes than that guys l7s doing this easy, so maybe its not worse?

14442fb.jpg

I can't get 7 cubes or 3.5 each doing this^ to fit.

zyaux5.jpg

so I wanted to do this^ or was wondering about this at least.. that did a sloppy job on that side vent on the farther inside box.

I get what you mean but I feel everything is opinion and guesses before you build. I was just wanting some opinion really or experiences to compare :

2 subwoofers firing towards the rear with low cubic feet, like 2.5 each or 2 each. 4 or 5 cubes total

vs

2 subwoofers, 1 firing rear, 1 firing side, with like 3.5 or 4 cubes each, 7 or 8 total.

I ask mainly due to the fact I have never seen the setup I am asking with a sub firing towards the side and don't want to waste my own time or money if anyones tried this and likes it or can tell me if its a bad idea im looking for that kinda stuff

If you plan on sealing the trunk off then fire forward, port forward. If not sealing then fire back port back.

Archived