new pc hardware

I went from a AMD phenom 2 black edition something or other to the I5 and wasn't impressed as it seemed about the same, then more recently went to the I7 and it's about the same. I am limited by my Internet speed. Games perform the same I5 or I7 for me anyway but I don't play anything new or fancy. It's all relative.

I had the I5 and my RAM OC'd then I burnt out a RAM slot on my MOBO in a Z87 MOBO so I moved them around to still get dual channel and then in time was getting blue screened again. I set everything to default speeds, reformatted, and gave it to my sister. My new PC is not OC as I just want it to be stable. Really not any faster though. Basically I don't run anything to stress my hardware though so take it for what it's worth.

I really could have spent a lot less for what I need but I want it to last 4 years (maybe more)

i could have spent a whole lot less too but just for future proofing i just bought those.what power supply were u using in the i5/i7 system?

I went from a AMD phenom 2 black edition something or other to the I5 and wasn't impressed as it seemed about the same, then more recently went to the I7 and it's about the same. I am limited by my Internet speed. Games perform the same I5 or I7 for me anyway but I don't play anything new or fancy. It's all relative.

I had the I5 and my RAM OC'd then I burnt out a RAM slot on my MOBO in a Z87 MOBO so I moved them around to still get dual channel and then in time was getting blue screened again. I set everything to default speeds, reformatted, and gave it to my sister. My new PC is not OC as I just want it to be stable. Really not any faster though. Basically I don't run anything to stress my hardware though so take it for what it's worth.

I really could have spent a lot less for what I need but I want it to last 4 years (maybe more)

i could have spent a whole lot less too but just for future proofing i just bought those.what power supply were u using in the i5/i7 system?

In the I5 I used a Thermaltake 600w but was only running a 7870 GHz edition GPU

In the new one I am running a 1000w Antec. I wanted at least a 750 but figured fuck it, I'll go 1000, no other reason really, 750 would have been fine

Yea, the GPU in new one was 3 bills, the 980ti isn't that one still like 6 bills? I just couldn't justify it ONLY because I don't game much at all anymore.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Either way, Love your build man, all the exact exact same gear but you got the GPU I WANTED but didn't get, lmao.

I should add, when i got my stuff I threw the new GPU in the old tower and with the 600w PSU and setting the GPU fans (3) to run at 100% they would kick in and out. Put it into the new rig like it's supposed to be with the 1000w and no issues.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Either way, Love your build man, all the exact exact same gear but you got the GPU I WANTED but didn't get, lmao.

I should add, when i got my stuff I threw the new GPU in the old tower and with the 600w PSU and setting the GPU fans (3) to run at 100% they would kick in and out. Put it into the new rig like it's supposed to be with the 1000w and no issues.

thanks man i put alot into researching and buying the parts putting it together this weekend

In the I5 I used a Thermaltake 600w but was only running a 7870 GHz edition GPU

In the new one I am running a 1000w Antec. I wanted at least a 750 but figured fuck it, I'll go 1000, no other reason really, 750 would have been fine

Yea, the GPU in new one was 3 bills, the 980ti isn't that one still like 6 bills? I just couldn't justify it ONLY because I don't game much at all anymore.

try to avoid multi-rail psu single rail is alot more stable.

the 600w has 2 20 amp rails the 1000w has 4 40 amp rails which makes it confusing cause that would work out to be over 2000 watts.

Nice set up! I have been waiting for the GTX 980Ti lightening to come out. That gaming edition has been pretty tempting though.

i've always liked the overclocking series of msi's mobo and gpu but the only thing am gonna be doing is gaming so i went with the gaming series.the 980 ti lightening is huge 2 8pin and 1 6 pin pci-e

Archived