Precision Power (PPI) Phantom P900.4 Amp Dyno with Amp Guts

A recent dyno on the Precision Power (PPI) Phantom P900.4 with a special amp guts section. Enjoy!

btw - What do you guys think of the amp guts section?

Check out the amp on our site here: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_38338_Precision-Power-PPI-P900.4.html

Edited by SonicElectronix

728x90.jpg

www.sonicelectronix.com | Authorized dealer for Rockford Fosgate, JL Audio, Sony, Hifonics, NVX, Wet Sounds, Kicker, JBL, and tons more!

Check out the exclusive SMD deals on this thread: Name your Deal & Exclusive SMD Promotions

Cool test. I tested that amp January 2014.

My one little thing I will nitpick is you need to test multi channel amps with *all channels driven*.

My loads are odd numbers, but just for an example, I got 150w @ 5 ohms with one channel driven but that number dropped to 115wpc with all channels driven.

But thanks for the vid. Keep up the good work.

Cool test. I tested that amp January 2014.

My one little thing I will nitpick is you need to test multi channel amps with *all channels driven*.

My loads are odd numbers, but just for an example, I got 150w @ 5 ohms with one channel driven but that number dropped to 115wpc with all channels driven.

But thanks for the vid. Keep up the good work.

See, I questioned the same thing when BigDWiz put a JL audio 3 channel amp on the amp dyno.

It did amazing results, but he tested the 2 channels bridged, then he tested the 1 mono channel.

Way under rated, but now is that due to the amps power supply that is meant to power all 3 channels but only powering one channel so it has extra power to throw at that single channel for a higher result.

Same thing with the 4 channel, if anything you need to bridge the 4 channels down to 2 channels and then run the amp dyno in stereo mode at needed impedance.

Im sure that if your testing all 4 channels or the 2 channels bridged the amp will yield different results than just testing 1 of the channels being dynoed since the power supply is having to drive all 4 channels and not just 1.

Here is the thread where I questioned just what you confirmed Fade.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/199311-jl-audio-xd5003-amp-dyno-test/