4k tvs are we there yet?

good post because i am waiting to hear about MORE content out there before i even think about upgrading. Funny i say upgrade when i have a $5500 80" TV with that fancy 4k "upscaling" thing already on it. We have had it about a year and a half and i think i watched like one or two movies upscaled. I even have the blue ray player with the upscaling in it. It looks great, but not really much better than a great 1080p TV should look. In other words it don't seem as "stunning" as a 4k should, but looks as stunning as a 1080 can i guess. Besides the OLED's of course...those are SICK!

Anyway, lets not even talk about the 3d part of this tv......that's where i change my tune. 3d SUCKS ASS!!! I have only been amazed while in Vegas at CES. I have YET to be amazed i my living room. Total waste of time and money.

Lg is kinda like running an SMD sub off a boss amp.

this is where we will disagree.

I have had several LG's and they have all been good TV's. Unless you are just talking about OLED. That i can't speak on i have never owned one. How many have you owned?

its most distinct with the OLED. ive owned one and a co worker has owned one. bestbuy gives redicous accomindations on onces and awhile to employees. that 10g tv only costs employees 2300

For the second time it is not for a work office it's for my home office man cave computer room. Whatever the fuck you want to call it. It's in my house I spend a lot of time there if it was a work office I'd go find e cheapest 42 inch tv I could.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I don't think budget is in his vocabulary, he buys whatever the fuck he wants lol.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I don't think budget is in his vocabulary, he buys whatever the fuck he wants lol.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/09/17/technology/8k-tv/

but on the real though, it IS a tough call at this point in time, if you don't get a 4k you will be "behind" in a couple years, and if you do you won't be able to fully utilize it for a while....

I see your point Nate. I would be asking all these same questions

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

I had a 50" 4K TV for my man cave... I justified it because I would be using it for the 4K features since I had it hooked up to my gaming computer... The problem is... You have to have a minimum of a $650 video card to make games playable and really... You should be looking into two of those video cards to be able to max out all settings and play all games at a consistent 60FPS. So I ended up returning it... Cause I don't like running SLI or CFX and it's going to be around Q3 of 2016 when you can actually get a single video card that can handle 4K around 60FPS.

1080p is going to be mainstream for quite a while... They don't even stream 4K on digital TV yet... 1080p cable TV is still pretty new and is going to be around for quite a while.

Samsungs SUHD panels are supposed to be the equivalent to LG's OLED's... Those are the two types of TV's i'd be comparing right now for a man cave. Personally, I will always choose Samsung over any other brand when it comes down to it's user interface... Their firmware/software is far more up to date and LG is really lacking on the user interface side, it's sluggish and poorly optimized. But... those things might not matter very much if you do not plan on using the smart TV side of things.

Just the other day I was looking into the 4ks and found that vizio makes a price friendly 4k and being that there is not much 4k content anyway I'm almost sure I'm going to pick one up maybe after black Friday to see if any deals come before then. Vizio user since they made their 3D tvs so I'm confident on their reliability.

Also I am pretty sure a 4k tv on a modern console wont be anything spectacular.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm