4k tvs are we there yet?

So who has the better smart features? Lg or Samsung. I was drawn to vizio with the Chromecast. Seemed nice.

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT

Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel

Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D

Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12

Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy

Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers 

Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5"

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

-Member of Team SounDrive

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm curious. Those that have 4k monitor, you typically would have to spend ~25$ on a bluray that supports 4k right?

As far as gaming goes, are there going to be a lot of games that utilizes 4k monitors? The only reason I'm consider getting a PS4 Pro + a 4k monitor is so I can play Final Fantasy XV in awesome graphics.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Ok. My two that I've chosen are the LG 43uh6030

And the Samsung un40ku6290fxza

Think I should get a soundbar or are they a waste?

If so recommend one that's $150 or less.

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT

Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel

Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D

Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12

Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy

Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers 

Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5"

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

-Member of Team SounDrive

Ok. My two that I've chosen are the LG 43uh6030

if your into the sound stuff, you kinda need something. The sound on flat screens blows for anything but listening to the news. If your into the audio on movies, i would look at something. A reciever and drivers or something. Just me.

So who has the better smart features? Lg or Samsung. I was drawn to vizio with the Chromecast. Seemed nice.

I'm curious. Those that have 4k monitor, you typically would have to spend ~25$ on a bluray that supports 4k right?

As far as gaming goes, are there going to be a lot of games that utilizes 4k monitors? The only reason I'm consider getting a PS4 Pro + a 4k monitor is so I can play Final Fantasy XV in awesome graphics.

Guys. Thats the issue. I know DICK about any of it. I dont know about the smart stuff, or anything.

I did see a guy say "i bought a 4k tv, and it looks no better than my last one". And a dude replied saying you need the input to be that. But i thought the UPSCALING helped some... im as lost as you guys on it all. I know nothing.

I have the 55" 6290 and its great, only got it for 650 bucks I think. I like the remote as well, easy to use. Honestly the speakers that are on it actually sound much better and are louder than I was expecting. Sound bars are nice to have as well though since they dont sound as dull as the tv speakers.

7w1lnOR.jpg

2004 Bagged Trailblazer

(4)18" Sundown Nsv3s
(4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4
(2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500

On most flat screens you need to make some sound deflectors or the sound just gets pointed to the floor, just get a couple of soda or beer cans and cut them and tape them to the tv for instantly better sound.

Same principle as the ones you pay for but easy to make and cost a lot less.

http://audiodeflekt.com/shop.html

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Guys. Thats the issue. I know DICK about any of it. I dont know about the smart stuff, or anything.

I did see a guy say "i bought a 4k tv, and it looks no better than my last one". And a dude replied saying you need the input to be that. But i thought the UPSCALING helped some... im as lost as you guys on it all. I know nothing.

The dude probably wasn't using HDMI 2.0 cable or something ~_~

Edit: Wtf why is my reply inserted into a the actual quote I'm replying to >.<

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

https://slickdeals.net/f/9414775-65-lg-65uh8500-4k-uhd-smart-led-hdtv-300-newegg-gift-card-1499-free-shipping

65" LG 65UH8500 4K UHD Smart LED HDTV + $300 Newegg Gift Card $1499 + Free Shipping

Archived