4k tvs are we there yet?

I picked up a 55" 4k about a month ago, theres for sure a noticeable difference between this tv and my 1080p tv picture quality wise.

And I buy cheap tv's, this one is an rca smart tv, snagged it for $300 on black friday , i can only imagine the difference with an expensive one.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Ron36 said:

I feel like a loser with my 55inch  plasma , it’s like 8-10yrs old but shit works . I’ve always been told plasmas have the best colors but I don’t know shit about TV’s. Am I really missing that much with this tv compared to something newer. Tits probably still look like tits right.

I got one in the bedroom and the living room tv is miles ahead of the bedroom tv

I still use a Samsung LED 46" from 2009.  Waiting for it to die but I feel like it looks good and have had no problems...then I'll do the 4k thing probably.  I also don't watch a lot of TV.  None actually.  My TV has been unplugged in the basement since the very beginning of May.  Meh...I do other things......

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

• 2 weeks later...

look i got a lg 43" 4k tv about 2 years ago from sprint.  buy the LG V20 get a Free LG 4K tv for free.  Got the tv looked good worked great.  Now I have blue tint in some of the screen.  not bad unless you are watching something that has a lot of white.  

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear

dc_audio.jpg

Archived