Do you guys just keep paying tint tickets?

My experience in VA is that if you have tint you're gonna get pulled over. That being said I have only lived in Northern VA where theres more cops than people. Soooo theres that.

I had 25% on my front windows in my truck and limo on the rear windows and back glass. I got pulled over three times...for tint...then they would measure my lift...and tell me I was speeding....(full disclosure it had the DUMBEST sticker on the back from a shop that I was friends with at the time...totally not worth it, just makes you a big ol' target IMHO)

So I don't run tint anymore, its just another thing for them to harrass you for. That being said I loved having tint so if you stay within the law they may pull you over for it but they won't ticket you. Be careful since your stock glass probably has some tint on it already, make sure you test it before so you make sure you're within the limit. And its different in VA for cars and trucks of course.

I never had an issue in VA for the 12+ yrs I drove my cars there. Unless something has changed they aren't supposed to be able to pull you over for tint alone.

I have gotten pulled over once just for tint and then another time for speeding/tint/lift. Was in the car with a friend who go pulled over for tint as well. Fairfax/Prince William area.

Also I think they consider it a primary offense, just like a seatbelt. The language of the laws have changed in the last 5 years.

• 3 months later...

Im in california.

I have limo, i roll my windows down near cops if i see them. When i get pulled over at night i immediatly turn on my interior lights & roll my windows down. If i get a ticket, (fix it ticket) i pay the fine remove the tint & get it put back on. Last two times i was pulled over were because the cops thought i was a possible DUI and i didn't get a ticket.

why would you take it off everytime unless your doing it yourself this doesnt make sense, tint ticket is 250ish, just got one and paid 250 to have the tint put on i just pay the ticket and move on
Idk what kind of tint ticket you get but mine are correctable, i fix it show a cop and get it signed off pay a $25 fine & im done. The place that does my tint charges me $75 for front 2 windows. I take it off myself.

$100 > $250

Here in California they get you with BS court fees. That's how a $65 speeding ticket turns into over $300. What's really crazy is that they hit you with court fees even if you don't dispute the ticket and just pay it online.

• 2 weeks later...

Hbg33gJ.jpg

Can anyone guess my percentage and brow length? lol Ignore the dirty tires. I had just washed, buffed and waxed the truck (why its got a reflection like a mirror) :P I got cleaner pics somewhere. Should I debadge it as well?

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

I have a doctor's excuse for dark windows. Only time I have to use it is for state inspections though. I haven't been pulled over for dark windows in over twenty years.

IMG_8036-1_zpsywwqmlaz.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have a doctor's excuse for dark windows. Only time I have to use it is for state inspections though. I haven't been pulled over for dark windows in over twenty years.

IMG_8036-1_zpsywwqmlaz.jpg

looks real good man

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

Hbg33gJ.jpg

Can anyone guess my percentage and brow length? lol Ignore the dirty tires. I had just washed, buffed and waxed the truck (why its got a reflection like a mirror) :P I got cleaner pics somewhere. Should I debadge it as well?

I vote debadge. That ugly trim on the doors is an eyesore. My Tahoe looks much better without it in my opinion, I'm sure your truck will as well.

where you get yours done orz? I'm in Jersey as well looking for good deal maybe on better tint if I'm re-doing it... also what did you pay??

297C4521-ED87-47E0-8755-06A82DFA5464.jpg

just recently got mine done.... 5% on hatch and rear quarter glass... 20% on rear window... 35% on front.... kinda want to go darker on rear windows... but I have a small mazda3 so the windows are little and let in less light than say a full size sedan or truck.

back in the day I'd get pulled over for tint and hold onto the ticket for at least a month so if I got stopped again I'd show them I have one already and keep it moving... had 35% all around on a 98 sentra.. but I think the flag hanging from the rear view is what always got attention... lol so no more flags...

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

meh, I just bought an extra set of glass. In NC, if you're ticketed, you can take the tint off and show it to the highway patrol. They'll sign off on a form, and you get the compliance ticket dropped. Cheaper than paying it off, because I only had to buy the glass once...

2011 Chevrolet Aveo(click for build log)
Clarion NX-603
SKAR 4500.1D
Iraggi 320A alt

Knukonceptz 1/0 Kollosus Fleks Cable
8 AWG Sky High Car Audio OFC

1/0- Sky High Car Audio

2- XP3000 XS Power Batteries
SMD VM-1
2- 12" Ascendant Audio Mayhems

Toolmaker Fuse block

Toolmaker Bus Bars

(Last Season scores 1-15" Mayhem)

145.2 dB- Sealed @ NSPL World Finals (9/28/14)

148.1 dB- Hardcore @ NSPL World Finals (9/27/14)

150.23-- Hardcore on 4500 Watts!!!!

New Build (2015, 2-12" Mayhems)

146.9- Sealed on dash

149.6 dB- Hardcore in Kick (No wall 0-24" Hardcore)

32% on the front glass and 5% on the rears. Pretty sure im legal in my state. The 5% rear makes the front "look" darker than it actually is.

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

Archived