Alt whine!

Yup, I also have the plug-n-play adapter, I was using this for power/ground but heard your head unit should be grounded with your amps if you have a noise issue, no change when I did that so I leave it for now but I will probably switch it back to being powered at the factory harness and ground to chassis at the head unit just to get rid of the 12' of power/ground that is not helping anything.

My ground for both amps, head unit and a 1/0 heading to battery (-)

20150830_211903.jpg

Hope you don't mind 412Mark, I borrowed one of your build photos, just easier that tearing my car back down to bare steel.

This is my ground location in red, I cut the bracket at the green line fore clearance..

Untitled.jpg

This is why you need to rule out the speaker wire/passive crossover to your front components. Passive crossovers can pick up EMI and send it back to the amp since the speaker wire it self has a (+) & (-) lead , which is in essence a circuit just like RCAs complete a circuit for the electrons to travel down a path. Either one will send the EMI right back to the amp , thus sending the same whine through the other mids and high speakers it is connected to.

http://www.mp3car.com/car-audio/134978-can-crossover-placement-induce-noise.html

-Frank

Don't ground to the factory integration harness. Find some good thick clean metal behind the dash that you can attach a crimped wire lug to and ground it there.

Crescendos 1100/4 are not a clean sounding amp. I ran both the 800/4 and 1100/4 not happy with them. On other forums guys had issues with the 1100/4 having bachground noise. Open up back and check the tiffany plugs on rca jacks they have a tendency to come loose.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

This is why you need to rule out the speaker wire/passive crossover to your front components. Passive crossovers can pick up EMI and send it back to the amp since the speaker wire it self has a (+) & (-) lead , which is in essence a circuit just like RCAs complete a circuit for the electrons to travel down a path. Either one will send the EMI right back to the amp , thus sending the same whine through the other mids and high speakers it is connected to.

http://www.mp3car.com/car-audio/134978-can-crossover-placement-induce-noise.html

-Frank

Did this, still a wine. Moved my ground and still noise. Set my head unit on my shifter and ran all rca cables out from under the dash and hooked up, still noise.

could be bad hu. try another one or a friends to see if that is the issue.

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Crescendos 1100/4 are not a clean sounding amp. I ran both the 800/4 and 1100/4 not happy with them. On other forums guys had issues with the 1100/4 having bachground noise. Open up back and check the tiffany plugs on rca jacks they have a tendency to come loose.

Im guessing its some of the components they are using in their new line. Idk though. I tried literally everything and couldn't get the noise to go away before I ended up just sending it back to Crescendo.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

Op if you can try making a test bench to test the amp on. That will completely rule out whether it's the amp or not. Best thing to do is to start at one end and work your way to the other.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire