Sundown Audio

Hi everyone I'm new to the forum. So I have had a Sound Stream Picasso 5 channel for the past 4 years and it just died on me and now I'm looking for a new amp. I have been looking at the Zapco st5, Helix Dark Blue 5, Jbl ez5, and the Polk D5000. Which one should I go for? Any other suggestions are welcome. I would like to keep the price around 300. Thank you in advance, Kevin

I just picked up a Polk D5000, I am very impressed with the unit , I am using it in 3 channel mod , I have bridged the the front and rear to send to my front stage and the sub channel is seeing 2 ohms . This is the first D class amp I have used , the sound quality is way better than what I was using . worth the money in my opinion

I admit I've never used the D5000 or any of their new full-range Class D amps..... but the lineup previous to these.....eff em. They run hotter than hell and are a pain in the ass to mount. That STUPID through-chassis screw down system they have is SHIT.

And that's an opinion on installing 20+ of em. Not just one.

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

Why did you end up picking the polk? I am swaying towards the helix and zapco because of everything i have ready about them on the internet and the brands that they compare them to. I have been them compared to audison,macintosh, and arc. Is there any truth to what i have read?

Yes. Zapco and Helix and both thought to be top tier while JBL and Polk are mid tier.

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

It doesn't all come down to the name because almost all companies sell multiple tiers of products. Doesn't mean they our all good or same quality. Name alone I would go zapco but I would still do some research and see which amp has best reviews. I used to run a 5channel arc audio xxd5080 for like 5+ years amp had decent sq for the price. Gl

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Archived