Sundown Audio

MTX Thunder Elite 801D/601D/1500D

RMC66

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXWPH1JphZhXfMjmTotCQud1VKAfXzLzb3Lm0bm2P8TtmOkqVL

Anyone have the Owners Manuel for any of these amps? I've looked everywhere in my shop, and can't even find the box (usual for me, cause I keep boxes until i get ride of the item.)

MTX archive only as the quick wireing, and quick setup guide (one page each) with no real info.

I have the 801D, but all of these amps are the same from what I can tell. The 4000D is completely different as it was strapping capabilities. So I'm guessing the manual will cover the first 3 models.

Thanks,

Ryan

http://archive.mtx.com/caraudio/products/amplifiers/TE801D.cfm

they never came with multi-page manuals. just two install sheets. click on each model on the right and the install information is on the left side of the page.

the mtx information is very easy. go to google, type in the model then click on the archive.mtx option. normally the 3-6 one down

I ran in to this same problem looking for paperwork for my old 15" thundercast 1000 watt 8 ohm subs in my shed that I ran back in 2000.... if I ever decided on selling them I would need to build an enclosure to help boost the selling price.... someday I will find someone that wants some vintage gear!.... I wish my Thunder2300x still worked it was a beast @ 4 ohm mono

I ran in to this same problem looking for paperwork for my old 15" thundercast 1000 watt 8 ohm subs in my shed that I ran back in 2000.... if I ever decided on selling them I would need to build an enclosure to help boost the selling price.... someday I will find someone that wants some vintage gear!.... I wish my Thunder2300x still worked it was a beast @ 4 ohm mono

email mtx. they will get you the specs on almost any product they have or had.

it mostly concerns wireing, I have two 4ohm single voice coil subs I am going to run at 2ohms.

the block however has four line inputs..... and the chart shows hooking up single 2ohms to one positive, and one neg, using just two of the four post, and it shows using all four post, and hooking up two 4 ohm speakers (in normal fashion) but doesn't show the load that the amp sees.

SO, i don't know if following the wireing will result in my subs playing at 4ohms, or 2 ohms using all four post. OR just go the way i KNOW they will be 2ohm and only use the two post.

email mtx. they will get you the specs on almost any product they have or had.

I sent them an email.....

it mostly concerns wireing, I have two 4ohm single voice coil subs I am going to run at 2ohms.

the block however has four line inputs..... and the chart shows hooking up single 2ohms to one positive, and one neg, using just two of the four post, and it shows using all four post, and hooking up two 4 ohm speakers (in normal fashion) but doesn't show the load that the amp sees.

SO, i don't know if following the wireing will result in my subs playing at 4ohms, or 2 ohms using all four post. OR just go the way i KNOW they will be 2ohm and only use the two post.

the amplifiers are monoblock amplifiers. if you are using 2 4ohm subs then the amp will see 2ohm. if you are using 2 2ohm subs the amp is seeing 1ohm. they put multiple terminals on there so if you are using multiple subs you will not have to cram multiple wires into a single connection.

the te801d/601d are 2ohm stable amplifiers and the 1501d is 1ohm stable

the amplifiers are monoblock amplifiers. if you are using 2 4ohm subs then the amp will see 2ohm. if you are using 2 2ohm subs the amp is seeing 1ohm. they put multiple terminals on there so if you are using multiple subs you will not have to cram multiple wires into a single connection.

the te801d/601d are 2ohm stable amplifiers and the 1501d is 1ohm stable

Appreciate the response, I was figuring that was the case, I just wanted to make sure!

Now I can wire my two 4ohm 10's with no worries!

Archived