Second Skin Audio

Joe x need your help 03 Tahoe ls box design for 3 sp4 18s

darryl2727

Is there any good box designs around on here that would work that ?

I'll seek to come up with something but the box won't clear you of electrical system or settings issues, I would still like to see some pics of your setup if you can post them.

Being two ports changes things around a lot, 160 square inches of port area may not be much but it's not terrible at your pretty low tuning, you are tuned very low, like 27-28Hz, this may not help your scores too much, before doing a new box I would fix the electrical and settings as best as possible and if still not happy then upgrade the box.

For reference-

In my land cruiser metering at the headrest-

1 sp4 18 in 8 cf tuned at 27hz on sundown 2k did a 46.7 at 32hz. Had 120 sqin of port. Sub up port up.

Same sub in 6.5 cf tuned at 38hz did a 48.8 at 42hz. Had 180 sqin of port. Sub up port back.

Low tuning it played awesome below 30hz. High tuning not so much lol.

I'm sure you have a lot more in it even just tweaking with the amp. If not much success there then look at the box you have now. Is it flexing? Are you sure the tuning is correct? Is it leaking any air? If all looks right then another desgin may be in order. Adding a 3rd sub with not enough space will only make it worse.

Archived