security and antitheft questions

So someone please explain to me how a properly installed alarm is "easily bypassed"? Between a shock sensor, glass break sensor, motion sensor and door pins.... you ain't getting in that thing without setting the alarm off. If you're worried about them getting under the hood and pulling the battery or something, a 10 cent pin/tilt switch on the hood would be all it takes to trip the alarm. From there, battery backup sirens. Make sure the installers hook up the car's horn too. Screwing around under the hood with a couple sirens and the car's horn blaring isn't pleasant AT ALL.

But as has been said, this is all a deterrent. Hopefully a thief will see the deterrent LED and the Viper stickers and move onto a different target. If they still choose to break in, hopefully the alarm/horn going off with be enough for them to run. From there, yeah, securing the box and amp(s) well is your best option. Bolts through the bottom of the box into the body of the vehicle, then install the subs. Install them with either torx screws or maybe T-nuts and 8mm bolts or something? Something other than phillips. You know what would be dope? Weld the nuts to the underside of the body. Then you can screw in/out the bolts from inside the box and never have to get under the vehicle again.

Beyond that, bro, move out of the fucking ghetto.

Follow the golden rules. No stickers on the outside and don't bump where you park.

Alarms are pointless unless it's Bluetooth and you're within range to hear it/receive the alarm via Bluetooth.

ROFL! Bluetooth. I don't think so....

all those things makeup a premium alarm system but still it's pretty easy especially if you got some time and not worried about being nice. if it were me, i'd set the alarm off to figure out where the siren is located. break the glass and pop the hood, clip the wire to the siren output. flash a light under the dash to reveal where the alarms is mounted, unplug it and now the lights aren't flashing. I now have nothing distracting me from jacking all your stuff. heaven help you if I had someone with me removing your stuff while I do the other things. if it were 2 other people I could get all of your good stuff removed in under 5 minutes. yes my method will make the alarm go off, even if you have some sort of 2 way notification and you're less than 300ft away you'll still have a clipped siren output and a broken window. the real deterrent is prevention of being a target for theft.

A premium alarm/install is not gona have wires and modules just flailing out in the open for the grading and cutting everything will be hidden

hidden not invisible. there is not place that installs alarms that good. i'd love for you to show me the unicorn alarms install you speak of b/c to me you're just running your mouth about how good alarms are even though the technology for alarms hasn't changed in 20+ years. anybody who knows anything about alarms will find the brain. you can try all you want to conceal the brain but it's a huge piece to hide.

look at what firebirddude said

so you are just yammering on about fantasy. just want to make that clear to the people reading this thread. let's see these amazing car alarms installs that no one can get past. as an installer, the install for the type of alarms you guys are bullshitting about would cost nearly $2-3k for the time and prep needed which only about 1% would bother doing. you guys are the guys that would troll Steve about some system that they don't have and how they would be louder.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

so you are just yammering on about fantasy. just want to make that clear to the people reading this thread. let's see these amazing car alarms installs that no one can get past. as an installer, the install for the type of alarms you guys are bullshitting about would cost nearly $2-3k for the time and prep needed which only about 1% would bother doing. you guys are the guys that would troll Steve about some system that they don't have and how they would be louder.

I never once said no one can get past an alarm I installed. I said that you ain't getting past it without setting it off. That alone is enough to scare 75% of thieves away. Of those remaining, most are going to ignore the alarm, smash, grab and bolt. The 0.5% that are actually going to try to disable the alarm, where are they going to look? They're either going to pop the hood or look under the driver's dash. Think I covered under the hood in my previous post. And if the brain isn't installed under the driver's dash....WTF is the thief going to do now? Spend the next 10 minutes tearing the car apart looking for the alarm brain? Or just ignore it and move the fuck on? AND even if they did find it, so what? The alarm is tripped and those sirens aren't stopping until that backup bat is dead. So pull at all the wires you want.

I've been installing professionally for years bud. I have never once charged someone $2-3k for an alarm install. Yeah. If they want me to go all out, I will surely tack on another few hundred case by case. But $2-$3k is just asinine and you know it. If that's what you think 6hrs of work is worth, I'd love to have your business. And "a huge piece to hide" ?? Bro, it's a little 5"x3" box. Quit blowing everything out of proportion and wetting your fucking pants. It ain't that hard unless your a fuckin rook.

3105v.jpg

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

Archived