2006 ford explorer help !

So this kinda just started around 1.2-2.5k rmp i get some studder/hesitation if i ease on the gas to speed up but if i give it alot of gas it doesnt do it alos if im on cruse on the highway and the rpms sit around there it does it to

2015 F-150 Platnuim

those plugs have a 4 year limited... the heads you have are the old style that the plug can break off, so if you got lucky enough to remove the plugs with out incident just swap them out .... this is the TSB for the process... don't forget the nickel anti-seize

http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/TSb/DownloadPdf?id=142690

the pics don't look fouled but I think I see some evidence of a lean condition.... but for the most part a tan - light brown color is a normal working plug... black is fouled and white is too hot

don't look to be bad but they do look really shitty to me. Like some really dirty fuel. Try pulling the MAF and cleaning it off, and the fuel filter, replace it aswell.

Plugs in my 06 F150 changed the way the truck drove fairly significantly, low RPM grunt. Might as well change coil boots while you are there aswell.

If that doesn't change much, you may have an o2 sensor that has failed, but you would throw a CEL for that.

edit, these were my 135k plugs from my 5.4 truck. Don't look as bad as yours, but still made a big difference with the trucks performance

11694871_866975540018901_249914641772430

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

the coil packs are fairly expensive just to change on a hunch.... if one or more is bad you should get a p301 - p308 DTC if you scan the computer..... either way you should scan for codes before moving forward.....

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=110

come hang out on this forum.... lots of people with vast amounts of knowledge

I already ran a scan and got nothing but about a year ago i got a code for o2 sensor had it replaced then a few weeks later had the code pop again and the car would run sluggish but the code would go away on its own

2015 F-150 Platnuim

Archived