SoundQubed/Fi Blazer - 4 Fi Team 18’s on 16k (rebuild time!)

Still waiting on more ca glue so I can stretch the fabric over the passenger door. But I figured I'd start to fiberglass the drivers door while I wait. Got the resin laid down, cured, and then laid down the first layer of fiberglass. And I must say. I will NEVER buy a two part fiberglass resin ever again. The SMD Sunflash is so amazing. Can work on it however long you want, bring into sun, and it's set! Can't wait for these to be finished and playing!!!

IMG_3366.thumb.JPG.a22101b23a87485d69099d2957b77ad8.JPG

• Like (+1 Rep) 3

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

3 hours ago, bsneon98 said:

Looks good so far. Also your lucky you can still use sunflash where your at lol 

Why wouldn't you be able to? It was about 20 degrees when I did that door and it worked out pretty good. Does it not work well in the cold? 

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

17 hours ago, Mr DeeBeez said:

Why wouldn't you be able to? It was about 20 degrees when I did that door and it worked out pretty good. Does it not work well in the cold? 

Lack of UV Light. 

Slowly making progress. Got one door almost done with body filler. Last coat of filler is drying now and then it will be ready for vinyl. Then to do it all again on the passengers door. Lol. Also, got two sets of soundqubed super tweets installed. Will have to wait till it's light out to get a good pic of those. But here's the one door thats almost ready for vinyl. 

IMG_3377.thumb.JPG.c27fa9fb4a99dae3b9c485c9edd3eb44.JPG

• Like (+1 Rep) 6

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Thanks! Definitely did not go as easy as I thought it would. The first piece of vinyl I cut I messed up on and it was a little short. Tried to get it to work, but ended up tearing it all off. Got some 4 stretch vinyl from a teammate local to me and gave that a try. Went so much better. It was still kind of a pain to get it all to stick smoothly, but I agree that it turned out looking good. The shiny black glue you can see above the speakers is black E6000. when I cut the vinyl where it met the panel, you could see some body filler, and it wasnt sticking the best. Laid a bead of black E6000 along it and smoothed it with my finger and it made it look MUCH better. 

Got the second panel body filled, and going to go out and sand it in about an hour or so. Should be ready for vinyl tonight!

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)