Carputer

tdc3187

I have been looking at your site for some time now, and I must say that you guys are absolutely amazing with the installations that you build. I am currently dreaming of putting a carputer in my vehicle: I would use some random computer (possibly a HP slimline), been taking a good look at the 360.2, and anyone of a dozen different monitors, maybe a couple of amps (one for sub, one of mids and highs)...So here is my question: Do I HAVE to use a deck? I really don't want to put a head unit in the truck. I am wondering if there is a sound card or something that can be done to bypass the headunit?

DCSig.jpg

secondskin_468x60.gif

xs.jpg

Viper 5902, big 3, 1/0 Rockford wiring, 2 xs d3100, mechman 300a, pioneer avic-z1, 2 dc 12xls, Rockford t2500.1bdcp, Rockford t1000.4ad, Rockford t2 6.5 comps, damplifier

Build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/102584-carbon-fusion/

I can just take the output from the sound card straight to a amplifier and use the default computer volume control to volume. right?

DCSig.jpg

secondskin_468x60.gif

xs.jpg

Viper 5902, big 3, 1/0 Rockford wiring, 2 xs d3100, mechman 300a, pioneer avic-z1, 2 dc 12xls, Rockford t2500.1bdcp, Rockford t1000.4ad, Rockford t2 6.5 comps, damplifier

Build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/102584-carbon-fusion/

Guest MegaloManiac

yep. but i suggest adding a line driver because other wise your signal will be a bit weak, and you'll turn your gains on amp more than you'd want to.