US Amps VLX-400 Amp Dyno Test 1 Ohm - Old School Surfboard

I don't think anyone is amazed at the size. Besides, it's not how big it is, its how it performs. I think we are just commenting on how big a footprint an amp of that power and type needs to be to get the numbers.

It's not the size of the boat, it's all about the motion of the ocean.

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

does the size of the amp really matter? it would really be more impressive if it did that power on half the size

Ask your girl if size matters.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

it does not matter so why do people keep mentioning the size of the board

sax200.4 makes the same power at 1ohm in a smaller board.. amps dont need to be made that big to make power with today's technology

the amp is still good though

im not bashing the amp at all. its just that everyone keeps going on about the size like females on heat

The point is that they had no choice but to be that size to get that kind of power back then.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Yeah, the size has all to do with the technology available at the time...and US Amps wanted to create the largest "cheater" amp available. This one fit into the 400 watt class and put out over 2500 watts. "You not winnin' unless you cheatin'!"

Here's something else to consider, at the retail price of the VLX-400 in 1996 ($3699), this equals around $5600 in today's spending power! OUCH!!

See my videos on YouTube http://www.willistonaudio.com  Many tests and demos of OLD and NEW SCHOOL car audio gear!

See cool pics on Instagram @oldschoolstereo

Could you imagine how much people would complain if amps were as expensive as they were back in the day?

Lots of these young guys have no clue.

I'm not even that old and I remember drooling over 1000 watt amps that were well over $1000 and way out of my reach.

the fosgate 1000 that came out in 2000 was a dollar per watt. got it from a wholesale spot for almost $400 or maybe $450 back in the day.. it was a beast compared to the 2400 watt amps you see now

Archived