Any Ideas On Very Robust Suspention On A Civic?

Guest Powered By Hate

What can be done besides hydros and bags? Ive heard about super coils for hoppers to smash into when they collide into the pavement and bounce back. All its gonna do is hold a shit ton of weight. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appriciated. Dump truck springs are too big.

since its going to be a non driver (rite?) i would weld steel plates in so the car has nothing as far as springs or shocks go , but doesnt squat over all the weight.... not something to do if you plan on drivein on the road tho....

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

Guest Powered By Hate
since its going to be a non driver (rite?) i would weld steel plates in so the car has nothing as far as springs or shocks go , but doesnt squat over all the weight.... not something to do if you plan on drivein on the road tho....

Well, the ability to still be able to move under its own power. Like to help load itself onto a trailor. It doesnt have to go 10 mph.. The wheels might turn from time to time. No tag.

take some measurements and look for a set of front coils the same dia off an old car with a V8. i got a set from a 71 chevelle, cut a little off and heated and flattend down the top coil so that it was the same as the coil i removed from my car. the car rides better than it did before and has about 600 pounds extra in the back. i can also sit on the hatch and car will remain at stock height.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=29213 "sleeper build"

(1) DC AUDIO Level4XL 10

(2) PowermasterD2700 batteries

ALL FOR SALE

TEAM DC AUDIO

TEAM DIRTFLOORPOOR

I don't know what year Civic you have but I just had the same problem with my 2000 EX Coupe with around 500+lbs in the trunk. I called a place called Vogtland Suspension (951) 694-6981 talk to Richard I believe. Tell him your situation and that you talked to me he has a solution that uses a preludes suspension. Mine arrive on Wednesday under $300 for all four as well. The rear springs are weird they have a 3.94" Outer Diameter 11.5" tall spring that at the bottom I believe reduces down to 2.52" O.D.

Edited by 00cex

New: 1998 Chevy Blazer 4.3L 2dr

Alt: Unsure yet

Headunit: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X494

Subs: 2) 15" Hifonics Olympus V.2's

Amps: 2) Hifonics Goliath GX3000's European Version

Maxx-link

Guest Powered By Hate
I don't know what year Civic you have but I just had the same problem with my 2000 EX Coupe with around 500+lbs in the trunk. I called a place called Vogtland Suspension (951) 694-6981 talk to Richard I believe. Tell him your situation and that you talked to me he has a solution that uses a preludes suspension. Mine arrive on Wednesday under $300 for all four as well. The rear springs are weird they have a 3.94" Outer Diameter 11.5" tall spring that at the bottom I believe reduces down to 2.52" O.D.

Well to be honest I dont think 500 will be enough. Concrete will be poured into my car. The hatch is going to be soild. There will be alot of steel to keep the car rigid and keep from rattling. It wouldnt shock me if the car ended up weighing 5000 pounds. Stock w/ full interior is like 2300. Its gutted at the moment but that will change soon. I'm gonna get ahold of those people as well, thank you. =]

Well to be honest I dont think 500 will be enough. Concrete will be poured into my car. The hatch is going to be soild. There will be alot of steel to keep the car rigid and keep from rattling. It wouldnt shock me if the car ended up weighing 5000 pounds. Stock w/ full interior is like 2300. Its gutted at the moment but that will change soon. I'm gonna get ahold of those people as well, thank you. =]

if you are going that direction and making it a "trailor queen" just set it at the height that you desire and make it solid, just remember to keep it tall enough to load and unload off the trailor without hanging up ;)

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=29213 "sleeper build"

(1) DC AUDIO Level4XL 10

(2) PowermasterD2700 batteries

ALL FOR SALE

TEAM DC AUDIO

TEAM DIRTFLOORPOOR

Guest Powered By Hate
if you are going that direction and making it a "trailor queen" just set it at the height that you desire and make it solid, just remember to keep it tall enough to load and unload off the trailor without hanging up ;)

Whichever is less expensive or easier. Its a toss up..