Sonic Electronix

New amp + speakers, static?

i have noticed class some d amps are very sensitive to high freq noise, you won't notice it on anything besides a tweeter and gain being too high makes it worse. when you connected the amp outside of the car did you use speakers and speaker wires in the car or just 12v?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another thing I did when I was troubleshooting my amp issues was plug the AUX to RCA inputs into the RCA at the HU that run to the amp. This helped me see if there was an issue in the RCA's from the HU to the amp. In the long run it ended up being the amp.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

you are doing something wrong, make sure the crossovers are away from pwr cables ect, and all the cables to the tweeters and mids, arnt damaged/pinched between metel ect. if the speakers are whining when you have no rca's going into the amp then the speakers are getting some sort of interferance

The crossovers are built into the mids. I also tested with another speaker plugged into my new amp, as well as a separate amp, separate amp/speaker, and completely new setup outside of the whole car.

i have noticed class some d amps are very sensitive to high freq noise, you won't notice it on anything besides a tweeter and gain being too high makes it worse. when you connected the amp outside of the car did you use speakers and speaker wires in the car or just 12v?

I've tried all ways. Started with separate speakers but same wire in car. Eventually went through another amp, different speakers, and eventually ended with a completely separate amp, speaker, and power all outside of the car...

Another thing I did when I was troubleshooting my amp issues was plug the AUX to RCA inputs into the RCA at the HU that run to the amp. This helped me see if there was an issue in the RCA's from the HU to the amp. In the long run it ended up being the amp.

I've tried another set of RCA's to the amp. Also plugged Aux>RCA straight into the amp and the sound still existed.

Again I want to state (mainly because of my confusion) I basically tested with a completely different setup outside of the car. Different amp, speakers (tried a few), power/wires (tried different wires here too). Nothing was the same from my original setup and I still heard the sound? Was this just a coincidence?

Is it in the music itself? How are you listening to your music? Cd? Bluetooth? Is it music from your phone?

Even without music (or anything plugged in at that) I still hear it. I've tried CD and Aux.

I'd like to repeat: The high end sounds muddled. The mids actually don't sound that bad. I'm starting to question if the sound is fine and the tweeters just don't sound great and wanted any thoughts on this...

As always thanks for the help.

Archived