Second Skin Audio

Help with a subwoofer

ja9219

Hey guys, I have two p3d412 I got off of ebay each from a different seller and I've been having issues with one of them. I acquired it over a month ago and just was able to finally diagnose it now.

Well I think anyway. So I tested it by hooking it up to an amp and I'm not getting anything even though it works perfectly fine with my other one.

So I tested it with a multi meter by putting the positive on one coil and the negative on another coil and I don't get a reading however if I put positive on positive I get a reading and it jumps all over the place. Is the sub dead like totally or can I repair it?

Thank you

Do two tests, positive on coil 1 +, negative on coil 1 -. Remember to be in ohms mode. Then repeat for coil 2, post numbers

No reading and the cone makes a scratching noise when pushed down on it.

It's probably toast.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Recone is your only option I think. The scratchy sound is indicative of a fried voicecoil. If it's been less then 45 days the I recommend you file a paypal dispute against the seller. That's assuming he claimed the sub was in good working order when you purchased it.

Archived