Sq help please

g2shuck

I'm hoping you can help me extract the maximum sq from my current build. And by sq i relize its not competition sq lol. I have a set of jbl p660c (very high reviews on diyma) that will be ran passive on a zapco st-2x at 2 ohms. The mid will be installed in the factory location with deadener and ccf of outwr skin and inner skin will be sealed with deadener to seal off the door. I will also be using the FAST three piece acoustic ring kit and making abs adapters like mark at caf did. The part I am needing help with us where would be the ideal location to mount the tweeters. It's a 99 grand am but I can do glass work if need be. The second question is should I high pass at 60hz or 80hz?

2000 Toyota Camry With Sealed Off Trunk

Sky High OFC Wiring

DC Power 270 XP Alt

AQ 2200 Sub Amp

Two DC Level 4 m2 12s

80 Mil Murdetmat

Gathering Parts For Wall Build.

Team DC Audio 2014 Member

Tweeters are something that people need to hear for themselves. It's really personal preference. Grab some double-sided tape and throw em in different locations. This is going to be more important to do since you're going passive, you won't have as much control over them later on. If you just want to plop them in and run with it, A pillars is a safe bet.

Your LPF is going to depend on what your sub can do, but if the JBLs can handle 60Hz at the power levels you want and enough mid bass is there then it's fine. You can decide that later though.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Factory my a pillars point towards the center of the windshield would that change your opinion any?

Sky High OFC Wiring

DC Power 270 XP Alt

AQ 2200 Sub Amp

Two DC Level 4 m2 12s

80 Mil Murdetmat

That's how I have my 2 sets of crescendo rts-1s low on a pillars aiming towards center of windshield. I like it but that's me it's all up to your ears.

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Does aiming towards center of windshield off axis effect left right imaging?

Sky High OFC Wiring

DC Power 270 XP Alt

AQ 2200 Sub Amp

Two DC Level 4 m2 12s

80 Mil Murdetmat

Are you planning to use time alignment ??

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

No time alignment at this point in time. Trying to get my feet wet with proper placement and install before deciding if I am interested enough to get into a dsp and active front stage

Sky High OFC Wiring

DC Power 270 XP Alt

AQ 2200 Sub Amp

Two DC Level 4 m2 12s

80 Mil Murdetmat

active has nothing to do with time alignment ... placement though, has everything to do with it. Can't have proper placement without it.

... unless you go 5.1

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

Care to elaborate on that please? At this point I'm leaning towards a pillars towards center of windshield since my left sail panel is blocked by odd shaped are vent

Sky High OFC Wiring

DC Power 270 XP Alt

AQ 2200 Sub Amp

Two DC Level 4 m2 12s

80 Mil Murdetmat

The further apart the components get from each other, the more "out of phase" they become.

... and the more distinct they become. You need time alignment to bring everything back together.

Most component manuals say while you can move things around, they need to stay as close to each other as possible for a seemless transaction of frequencies.

Without time alignment, you will most likely put your midbass drivers out of phase with your tweeters to get any type of stage presence ... which is what I hope you are looking for ...

Archived