Second Skin Audio

Mounting Amp onto Subwoofer?

sniperlif3

solid state devices like amps don't care what the orientation is that they are mounted, just as long as the surface gets air flow, are you dead set on the pair of 15's because you will be able to open up options if you do a custom box and a pair of 10's or 12's... the R33 is not a huge car and you should not need 2 X 15" subs to make the output enjoyable and loud.... a proper built ported box with 10's or 12's can out perform a prefab box with dual 15's

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah Im pretty set on the 15s since I have had everything purchased for a truck I had when I lived in the states. I know a proper build will be best but I need to get more money for that, and eventually if I keep this car, I will get everything built so it looks and sounds better. I can say that there is plenty of room in the back seats for the box.

The problem I have had is I need that little bit of trunk space I have for my job and the opening for the trunk would require the box to be built in the trunk rather than dropped in even for most dual 10s.

Update: After the test fit, I found I can mount my amp under the passenger seat, more like just behind it. Next step is to sound deaden everything I can, and figure something out to make it look better in the back so I don't see bare metal and to attempt to level and secure the box. I believe I can use the bolts that held the back seats in.

Any recommendations for something to cover up the metal under the back seats and/or ways to secure a box? I was kinda thinking steel bands but I don't know if that will work for sure.

More pics of Skyline. I need exterior pics to gather more information. Lol

7w1lnOR.jpg

2004 Bagged Trailblazer

(4)18" Sundown Nsv3s
(4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4
(2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500

I've mounted the amps to boxes and never had a problem. The internals of the amp is gonna vibrate no matter where in the car you put the amp.

This. Think about everything else that vibrates hard from bass. The location of the amp hardly changes the effects your amp(s) receive from the bass

Yeah from searching I have gotten about 50-50 split on both options. I personally don't see a massive problem unless the box is not supported in the center as mine. Luckily though, my amp will fit under my seat on the carpet and sound dampening material which should further help with the normal vibrations of driving and using the subs.

Archived