Voltage still dropping after Mechman alt installed

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You might need an alt that's actually legit (^__^)

Brandon

2000 Furd Ranger supercab 4x4

System:

welding wire throughout the truck

USalts 390amp Hairpin

Juicebox in stock location

8 Banks of maxwell supercaps

2 American Bass Vfl 1100.1 wired to .35 each

2 Fi Audio Sp4 18's ( the DD sc 9918's smoked)

Pioneer radio with Soundstream PA mids Powered by a nice sized soundstream 2 channel

It's pronounced (dain-ja rain-ja) :ph34r:

2001 2 door focus

1 DD9918 SC 

those batteries and alt will probably be "ok" for 8kw but youll see 11v. assuming you aren't doing .5ohm or something below the amp's rating

little power supply knowledge for you. your alt charges at ~14.4v and batteries rest at ~12.8v. in the world of power supplies, the highest voltage is what supplies the load. once the voltage from one power source reaches the voltage of another power source, they both supply power together. so voltage drop in your car wont be linear.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Dropping to 13.7 is still well within the alternator range, you're not even dipping into battery voltage at this point.

Tell me about more of your first world problems. Does your bottled water have a "too bottled" taste? Does your DVR sometimes cut off the last 30 seconds of your show? Honestly dude, anything above 13V is perfectly acceptable and I'm sure your voltage recovers VERY quickly on your small setup. If anything, check the quality of your grounds to make sure everything is secure and contact is with good metal, in GOOD locations.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Dropping to 13.7 is still well within the alternator range, you're not even dipping into battery voltage at this point.

Tell me about more of your first world problems. Does your bottled water have a "too bottled" taste? Does your DVR sometimes cut off the last 30 seconds of your show? Honestly dude, anything above 13V is perfectly acceptable and I'm sure your voltage recovers VERY quickly on your small setup. If anything, check the quality of your grounds to make sure everything is secure and contact is with good metal, in GOOD locations.

Anything above 12 is fine in my book

Anything above 12 is fine in my book

Me too. With demos on my single Singer, the lowest I'll see it's like 12.8V. With the duals I will stay into alt power at like 13.4-13.7V at idle and I love it.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived