Sundown Audio

Received toasted zx1000.1 free

severancej

It's a 09 model that my friend had on an l7 for years. He smelled something when it shut off.

I opened the cover and one of the input fets i believe it is, is burnt. There's 6 input fets and in front of each one is a small black gate resistor i think. The board around most of them dudes looks to have been getting warm as well.

Everything else looks perfect so I'm sure kicker can hook me up for a decent fee.

Anyone know anything good or bad about these amplifiers?

I've never had any kicker stuff.

98' dodge ram

140A alt

Big 3

XS D2700

JVC kd-r310

Rockford T500-1BDCP

2 Sundown E12 Ported 4cubes 35hz

Rockford P400-4

2 Infinity reference 3way 6x9

2 Polk DB 5 1/4

2x layer dynamat all doors

Cool my electrical setup in my silverado is the biggest alt autozone had i believe it's a 160 and I've got an xs d2700.

Unfortunately my two 12s are at one ohm so i know i don't got enough alternator for that daily plus running the p400-4.

Maybe I'll just test it out a little when i get it back. My plan is to put a lightweight smaller ported style box like one dc 8" on this zx at 2ohm, in my grand prix gxp that way trunk space is fine and it don't weigh down my quick grocery getter.

Thanks guys i had a feeling kicker made pretty decent amplifiers

98' dodge ram

140A alt

Big 3

XS D2700

JVC kd-r310

Rockford T500-1BDCP

Rockford P400-4

2 Polk DB 5 1/4

To be honest my 500 and 400-4 are wanting more alternator. I wish to have a little extra cash available when one of those mechman used ones for the ls motors comes across the classifieds.

98' dodge ram

140A alt

Big 3

XS D2700

JVC kd-r310

Rockford T500-1BDCP

Rockford P400-4

2 Polk DB 5 1/4

I just got a zx2500.1 for my 2 solo x12 s. I've heard nothing but good things about these amps. I heard they need solid electrical also.

i think you need another one for 2 solo x subs i run 1 2500 and 2 Zx 850.4 on 1 120 amp alt and 3 exxide maxxima batteries voltage never drops below 12.6

I have a zx650.4 that one day sent a constant Humm through a speaker, the rest were normal. Sent it in to kicker and had it fixed and a new birth sheet made, put out 720 something iirc. Unfortunately the same chanel just went weak and is like 10db quieter than the rest and it's out of the repair warranty. Just chilling on my bench untill I decide what to do with it. Otherwise it was a great amp.

I just got a zx2500.1 for my 2 solo x12 s. I've heard nothing but good things about these amps. I heard they need solid electrical also.

Just a bigger alternator 140+ and 2 big batteries i have 2 exxide maxxima batteries to support it and there is also a steg k2.02 mids and highs amp connected to it.

never below 13.5 volts

Archived