Media streaming

I've been trying to find a way to stream music from my pc to my phone so i do not have to worry bout putting some of it on my phoNE or keepin track of a thumb drive. The remote desktop app works fine while I'm on my home network but not on cell network. I've heard of people using their pc as a "server" to be able to stream media. Also I've looked into using a vpn but I also can't get this to work either. It seems like the vpn should work or Am I just setting it up wrong?

A few notes.

Samsung note 3(has vpn and ipsec vpn apps pre-installed and as mentioned above remote desktop for windows.)

Router/modem-cisco dpc3848vm (came with Internet service, could this be a problem due to the fact I can't configure it.)

Don't laugh lol my pc is a Dell optiplex 755 with windows 10.

A VPN should work, make sure there are no settings on windows or the vpn that restrict any type of access. I have a friend who uses plex media server for video streaming and I use it. Have no experience with just audio.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

there is a program that first started with apple called "air video server" download that and select the files/folders you want to share then get an air video supported app from google play.... you will be able to stream any media you want with the cost of bandwidth and data of coarse .... this is the easiest way to do this that I have ever found.... I do this on wifi at work and I have access to my whole video collection on my home computer.... helps if you have a really fast upload speed I get no problems with my 80/12 connection but my phone network and work wifi sucks..... now I just have a network drive that shares music

A VPN should work, make sure there are no settings on windows or the vpn that restrict any type of access. I have a friend who uses plex media server for video streaming and I use it. Have no experience with just audio.

As far as I can tell the software that is on windows there is no options, not unless I'm just not seeing them. And it doesn't have to be just audio, that's just what it will be mainly used for. Full access to my pc remotely would be sweeet.

there is a program that first started with apple called "air video server" download that and select the files/folders you want to share then get an air video supported app from google play.... you will be able to stream any media you want with the cost of bandwidth and data of coarse .... this is the easiest way to do this that I have ever found.... I do this on wifi at work and I have access to my whole video collection on my home computer.... helps if you have a really fast upload speed I get no problems with my 80/12 connection but my phone network and work wifi sucks..... now I just have a network drive that shares music

Do you know of any apps that are compatible? And my speed here is 60/6 and surprisingly my mobile speed is 30/6 average. Also would I be able to do the same if I had a network storage device? Because that's where all my music is right now.

Do you know of any apps that are compatible? And my speed here is 60/6 and surprisingly my mobile speed is 30/6 average. Also would I be able to do the same if I had a network storage device? Because that's where all my music is right now.

I have a WD my book live and there is an app on the android/apple stores that do this perfectly..... what network drive do you have

I have a WD my book live and there is an app on the android/apple stores that do this perfectly..... what network drive do you have
what is the name of it? And I have a 1tb external HD that I can use.

Archived