Setting gains with SMD DD-1 (Alpine headunit)

Hi guys i got a problem i tried setting my gains on my amp today but it wouldn't detect any distortion from the head unit.

Hears what im running headunit is a Alpine CDE-113BT Amp is a T1000-1bdCP and the sub is a T2D415.

so i tried setting the gain with the DD-1 it got to max volume on the headunit and it never distorted this was on track one of the CD so i ended up keeping the volume at 32 setting the gain on the amp to that and on the headunit set the subwoofer to +10 after i had set the gains on the amp but i am worried i have done something wrong as it never detected any distortion :s

Any help would be appreciated Thanks sTp.

so basically set the subwoofer level to +15 on the headunit then play the 40hz track and when i find the clipping point of the HU back it off by one and set the amp gain to suit?

also this might sound like a stupid question but when using the dd-1 the red lead goes to the speaker positive and the black goes to the amp ground?

Tahnks sTp.

• 2 weeks later...

It's going to depend on your setup and what you typically play.

-5 is going to give you more bass and work well if you're ply a lot of edited music (decaf, etc)

-10 is going to give you even more but be careful (use your nose and ears)

-15 not needed and risky

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild