Second Skin Audio

ESX QX1222 Box for my Toyota Aygo

nahinder

Hi Guys ive bought an ESX Quantum QX1222 today It came with a box but it didnt fit my trunk

So i decided to make a new one but im not sure my calculations are right so i hoped you guys can help me out

The box it came with was around 50 Liters and tuned to 40 Hz thats what the seller told me

The specs for the woofer: http://bass-auto.ru/pubfiles/QX-Woofer.pdf

Max dims: (CM)

Height: 29

Length: 110

Bottom Depth: 39.5

Top Depth: 32

My calculations: (CM)

Height: 29

Width: 80

Bottom Depth: 39.5

Top Depth: 32

Volume: 62.39 Liters

Port Size: (CM)

Height: 32

Width: 3?

Length: ?

Volume: ?

Speaker displacement: Couldnt find it, 3 Liters ?

Prefered tuning: 34Hz

Prefered netto volume: 56 Liters

And i was wondering if someone could make me or point me out to where i can make an actual plan with wood cuts

Hope someone can help me out !

Download Torres calc and post a screenshot with the data entered for your design.

Hi Joe,

Im having a hard time using that program since we use different units

But according to my calculations in cm i got a gross volume of 62 Liters

And with torres with my dimensions converted to inches i got 2 cuft which is 56 liters gross volume

Here is my screenshot right now:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zl6vm39eh59o1oa/ESX%20TORRES%20CALC.png

So that means with these max dimension we can never get a netto volume of 56 liters ?

Does that effect the performance of the driver/output ? even if we tune it to the desired frequency ?

The program does support centimeters, I just entered a few numbers, you just need to decide on the port, bear in mind the wood thickness I picked (19mm):

LOL so youre saying the torres calculator is faulty

So right now I calculated the port length with WInisd to tune it around 34 Hertz

Filled in the information in Torres Calc and it shows the "wrong" volume but ive hit the desired tuning

And almost the desired Net volume of 56

A86.89 - B28 - C3= 55.89

A= Gross volume according to the Rockford online calc

B= Port Volume according to Torres Calc

C= Estimated volume of the woofer (I saw you filled that in on your first screenshot)

So is this box done like this or am i missing/miscalculating something ?

ESX_TORRES_CALC_1.png

You have found one of many bugs it has, check the Torres thread (last pages) to get to know some of the other ones, also, the reason you get the right tuning is that you have forced net volume to be 56 liters, erase that field and everything will go off. Your box is no there yet for sure.

Hi Joe ive just done some calculations on the port volume and found out that the port takes around 29.32 Liters

So that means i should have 88.32 (29.32+56+3) Liters gross volume but with these dimensions i have 86.89 Liters

So what are my options now ? Just deny the volume given by ESX and just tune the box with the 86.89 liters ive got available to 34Hz ?

Or just change the box design so i can get more volume ?

Archived