Car kills 30hz, but why?

Toums

Hi!

I havent especially tried a 30hz tuning. It's always been something stupid like 18-20hz or +40hz.

Have you tried a sealed box sweep to find the resonant frequency of the vehicle?

Otherwise see if there is a way to temporarily modify your existing port setup to tune around 30 and see what happens.

Static drops are my bag.

More to the OP's point here is what I THINK the problem is.

1) Not enough port area in any of the boxes he's built

2) Tuning too far from the desired 30 Hz target

3) Not enough power to make the subs function properly

4) Low level subs that don't have any sort of Xmax to speak of

If I had to bet on the issue, it's not enough port area or tuning too far from 30 Hz. F3 for a typical 40 Hz tuned box will not allow 30 Hz to have any authority. 18-20 Hz tuning well have the same effect.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

U guys are arse clowns. OP came in saying he can't find lows... I'm saying big box with a deep low tuned port should get him where he needs to be. I don't need to explain myself to anyone. I'll let the meter do the talking.

The problem with with your claim that you need a long port to get good low end output is its like saying if you want a fast car it needs to be red. Red is the stereotypical color of a lot of performance cars and if you were to research what color of car is generally the fastest, its probably red. But being red is not what makes the car fast. Just like having a long port isn't what gives you good low end performance. Its just something that commonly occurs with boxes that have good low end output.
I'm not here to argue. I said size of box and port area matter if you would have read what I said. I didn't just say put a long port any size in any box and bam u have lows. You are trying to start a fight over nothing.

c-pillar flat wall 157.11db on music

2 crossfire 8k

4 NSV3 18s

4 crescendo 10s

4 Rockford pro 6.5s

Quad excessive amperage 350alts

4 juicebox 3100s

I'm not here to argue. I said size of box and port area matter if you would have read what I said. I didn't just say put a long port any size in any box and bam u have lows. You are trying to start a fight over nothing.

Look man, as much as I love a good discussion, I'm not trying to start any fights. You seem pretty convinced in what you believe in, so I'm sure I'm not going to change your mind. I'm just pointing out the flaws in your reasoning in an attempt to try to prevent the spread of misinformation to the rest of the community.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Edit- I knew there was a reason I was staying away from the forum lately. Bad advice sucks

that and the narrow-mindedness.. about.. well, everything.. Lol.
On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Science and stuff

Be damned.

What has science ever done? Land on a comet, phfft, come on.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Archived