Sundown Audio

Probably going to end up doing one of these two woofers in the lexus. Saying I build a box to sundown specs (2.5 cubes) 40 sq in port area tuned at 32 which would be a better sub if I'm going to give it 3k? I'm not opposed to spending the money on the ns3 I've just heard that you need more than 3k to really get them going. I don't plan on going any bigger than 3k in this car. Would the zv4 handle 3k daily? Would the ns3 perform well off just 3k watts?

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Singer 240 Amp (Will be installed later)

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds 6.5 Meso Components

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

I think the zv4 would be a better match for your amp. Actually, is the 3k real power or just a 3k amp? Because there's a huge difference.

I think the zv4 would be a better match for your amp. Actually, is the 3k real power or just a 3k amp? Because there's a huge difference.

Real power. Zapco z-3kd. Hearing a 1db increase just from swapping the sub makes me want a ns3....

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Singer 240 Amp (Will be installed later)

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds 6.5 Meso Components

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

I run my zv4s on a 3.5k each daily. Never had any issues...if you care about numbers and cost isn't an issue, go ns3. If its just for daily listening, its probably not worth the extra money over a zv4

Team NorthWestSPL

Real power. Zapco z-3kd. Hearing a 1db increase just from swapping the sub makes me want a ns3....

Keep in mind you can't actually hear a 1 db increase.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

How well do the z v.4 do on different frequencies. I hear they do good on lows but lack on the higher side of the frequencies. I prefer a sub that can do good in both low and high.

28-65hz not just play good 25-45hz

How well do the z v.4 do on different frequencies. I hear they do good on lows but lack on the higher side of the frequencies. I prefer a sub that can do good in both low and high.

28-65hz not just play good 25-45hz

It's all on the build.

c-pillar flat wall 157.11db on music

2 crossfire 8k

4 NSV3 18s

4 crescendo 10s

4 Rockford pro 6.5s

Quad excessive amperage 350alts

4 juicebox 3100s

It's all on the build.

Sub choice matters too. If you have a sub with a really stiff suspension (low VAS) you are going to have a hard time getting anything other than peaky frequency response out of it.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg