Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Soccerballzs said:

SPL build not a SQL build.

Ha. It started out as SQL. The speakers are tuned for SQ but are LOUD hence SQL.

But the sub stage has gotten more towards SPL but it isn't built for numbers. so overall i say GROUND POUNDER?.

Hey man, i noticed that your bottom alternator bracket/link looks like it rotated position. Pay close attanrtion to the two pics you posted. What keeps the alt from actsully rotating a couple degrees other than the bolt tension? With the bolts loosened, can you shift the alt position on both the top and bottom bracket? 

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

17 hours ago, WalledSonic said:

Hey man, i noticed that your bottom alternator bracket/link looks like it rotated position. Pay close attanrtion to the two pics you posted. What keeps the alt from actsully rotating a couple degrees other than the bolt tension? With the bolts loosened, can you shift the alt position on both the top and bottom bracket? 

The photos were taken at the same time. I just pushed on the belt to show how loose it gets. Long story short. I had someone look at it today. It was the alt loosening itself. Hopefully have a custom tensioner made up tomorrow for it. Oh and duh the earth cables were on the back of the tension bolt haha. 

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 9:39 AM, Nicholas Rechichi said:

Oh yeah I keep forgetting about this forum haha. A little issue with the alternator belt keep coming loose or stretching. I get a loud squeals under load and when the I accelerate (while playing bass around half volume and up). So when the voltage drops(as soon as it drops) and stays around 12.2-6v while playing full volume. On idle stays around 13v(after I turn volume down) then it climbs to 14.6 very slowly. Then I can drive off without it squealing.  So if im cruising down the street and crank the stereo the belt will squeal and wont stop for like 2minutes after I turn the volume down.

It bugs me but the charge rate is so much better now on idle anyway. And it charges much quicker when i'm driving.

These are the bolts I losen to tighten the belt.

WRKI72a.jpg

And this is how loose it gets straight away like after I put a load on the system eg. crank the stereo.

69fBtrD.jpg

Love the build, man those are some big amps! Maybe you could get a double pulley for the alt and run both belts around it? That way the belt won't have to be so tight and will help your water pump bearing and front crank bearing live longer. I have heard that a single V belt is only good for 100a before it causes problems.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Archived