Sundown Audio

Amp & subs wiring

StuntBoy

So I have come across an issue,I recently installed my system about 2 months ago. I had no issue

till now. As I was traveling I was hauling a trailer in my truck. As I exited a gas station,the trailer scrapped the bottom and the fuse on the dblock blew and a whistle sounding noise came from the bass amp. But the fuse running to the mid amp did not. Neither did the 4 35A fuses on the bass amp blew .

Dblock haves two 35amp fuses when this happened. I was told they were to little so I upgraded to 60mp for mid and 100 for bass amp.

Since I was pushing about 4-5 k watts. After going back and forth with the warranty on amp they finally issued me a new one. But

they said I had my wiring wrong. Which it couldn't be,so I need y'all input.

They are two 15" kicker cvr dvc 4 ohm,I had them wired to 2 ohm each which would drop both down to

1 ohm load into the amp.

As I'm reading the manual on the amp,it's say while this amp is designed

to operate with a minimum load of 1 ohm,it is highly recommended to design your system to operate

with 2 ohm minimum impedence. Operating your system under 1ohm can damage the amp.

System

Soundstream Picasso 1500 mono block 1ohm stable

2 15" kicker cvr dvc 4 ohm

Is the current wiring correct or which wiring should I go about

Thanks

I'd be more concerned with how scraping a trailer could possibly be the root cause.

Where are you grounded? Any loose or frayed power/ground/speaker wires that could have touched with a slight impact?

Static drops are my bag.

Archived