DC Sound Lab

(2) xl12's box as backseat port help

With XLs you can go as small at 1.25ft3 per sub if you need to, that is one great thing about DC woofer, they dont mind being in a small box.

With your amp situation and already having a Dual 2 ohm sub, best option would be to go with a pair of amps and wire strapped at 2 ohm.

If you have any specific questions about any of this, please feel free to ask, I would be more than happy to help.

With XLs you can go as small at 1.25ft3 per sub if you need to, that is one great thing about DC woofer, they dont mind being in a small box.

With your amp situation and already having a Dual 2 ohm sub, best option would be to go with a pair of amps and wire strapped at 2 ohm.

If you have any specific questions about any of this, please feel free to ask, I would be more than happy to help.

Heck yeah I would love the advice. An 8" wont fit with the flare my options are one 6, three 4s or a slot port. None of which are ideal. What is your suggestion? Also, port fired to the side or forward? this box will be my backseat in my f250. I assume the subs will be okay inverted? Any potential problems there?

TeamDeadlyHertz-bman8891.png

I'll play with the numbers on that but remember the subs won't fit inside the box they have to be inverted and if I did that I would be able to sit people on the back seat they would have to put their feet on the magnetat least if both subs are off to one side two of the seats are available

TeamDeadlyHertz-bman8891.png

I agree with CJ18 and I think some type of slot ported box is going to be your best bet. You have a lot more design flexibility with slot ports so you should probably be able to fit enough port area in there vs what you can do with an aero port. Also, due to the way common wall slot ports work, a slot port will be shorter than an equivalent aero port of the same tuning.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg