DC Sound Lab

(2) xl12's box as backseat port help

....I won't have enough port area but its literally my only option.

No, your other option was to sell the 12" and get two 10"s so you could do it right, but hey man, it's your journey. Hopefully it works out OK for you. Keep the pics coming.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

gJGoAw.jpg

24RLGJ.jpg

E38bzj.jpg

AgYjMm.jpg

JGG0PF.jpg

Ill do a proper build thread later after I get my amps and batteries but for now I figured I'd throw in some pics of the box. I think I'm gonna take about a 1/2" off the total height. Thats as much as I can go and still fit 12's I sat on it and my head barely scrapes the roof. The coffee filter is an 8" diameter and I think the hole cutout for a 6" flare is like 8.25" so I should have just enough room.

TeamDeadlyHertz-bman8891.png

What is the reason for the ledge in the back? Why not take the box all the way to the back? It looks like you have a couple of bolt holes drilled there, why not take it all the way back and reach through to put nuts on the bolts.

Yeah there are 3 holes 2 outside the box and 1 inside. If I carried the box the the back it would only net me like .3 cubes because it has to be so short to fit under the back cushion. I already have 3 cubes net even if I put the subs inside the box.

Here's some pics of the trim ring I made so the xl's would fit in the box:

XEKGbE.jpg

kRfArp.jpg

n06Y5I.jpg

My helper

UXXSDi.jpg

Just barely fit with the trim ring

TaWuhu.jpg

All I need now is my port which is in the mail, 2 batteries are in the mail, a bigger amp is in the mail, and my second xl12 is ordered. ....

1Bkr75.jpg

pA2s0r.jpg

I got my port in last night. I had to cut part of the inside flare so it would fit in the box. I had debated removing the inside flare altogether because it virtually blocks all the air in the area behind it. Any suggestions on this?