Motorcycle Advice (mainly SS)

What's up y'all. Hope everyone's Halloween was good.

Anyways, I'm in the market (or about to be) for purchasing a used motorcycle. I'm lookin mainly at super sport or sport bikes. My question is, what is y'all inseam and what bike do you guys ride?

I'm not the tallest (5'9")but my inseam is around 26-30" I guess (jean size is 32/30). Will I be able to touch the ground if say on a CBR600RR, the height of the seat is around 32". Just wondering as what my options would be / if I need to lower / if I can't ride at all.

Lower I heard is last resort as well as shaving the seat. I'm looking at a bike soon because El Niño is about to hit CA with tons of rain (hopefully) lowering the cost of bikes. Pretty much, the question for you riders is, how tall / what is your inseam and what bike do you ride. Also, if you're at stock height and can flatfoot.

This is mainly for SS bikes such as CBR600RR, GSXR, and ZX6R (can't do r6 cause it's the tallest and I heard is meant for track use)

Thanks

Edit: this might belong in another section such as big boy toys but wasn't too sure. If so, I apologize

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

Triumph is the tallest i would stay away from that. But yes lowering should be the last resort, as it throws off the handeling of the bike. All 600,s will be close. Honestly best thing is to go sit on bikes and see what is most comfortable for you. Each will have its own feel, but little things can be changed such as, clipons, adjustable rear sets etc... but sit on every bike you can and see what feels best

I'm 5'9 same inseam and didn't have a problem on my R6, meaning both feeth flat on the ground.

If the bike u pick is too tall you can always do what short people do, when you stop only put one foot on the ground and lean a little.

btw the the R6, 6R, GSXR6, and CBR600RR are all track focused bikes. The R6 might have a tougher rider angle or something like that,

But to say it's more of a track bike is wrong.

I'm 5'9 same inseam and didn't have a problem on my R6, meaning both feeth flat on the ground.

If the bike u pick is too tall you can always do what short people do, when you stop only put one foot on the ground and lean a little.

btw the the R6, 6R, GSXR6, and CBR600RR are all track focused bikes. The R6 might have a tougher rider angle or something like that,

But to say it's more of a track bike is wrong.

Only mentioned it as that since I've read that r6s have the least midrange power. Thus you have to high rev it to get power? Sorta like an s2000 if anyone knows about them. Beast of a machine but likes to be high reveed to achieve maximum power. Not too sure but I know r6 has around 33" seat height.

But yeah you are right. Shiet, doesn't rr stand for race replica? Haha but yeah I get you. Was also looking at f4is and such but idk

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

You can lower both the rear as well as the front to keep the geometry matched.

The ladies do it all the time on their bikes, so it really isn't a big deal, find the bike you like and can afford and have a blast.

My only suggestion is to insure yourself and not the bike, so buy the best policy you can possibly afford cause in the event you ever go off the bike for any reason the cost of repairing you will cost many times what the cost of the bike will be.

I have (BODILY INJURY & PROPERTY DAMAGE LIABILITY) 250k, 500k and 100k which is max in the event something bad were to happen to me in an accident.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

The ladies do it all the time on their bikes, so it really isn't a big deal, find the bike you like and can afford and have a blast.

My only suggestion is to insure yourself and not the bike, so buy the best policy you can possibly afford cause in the event you ever go off the bike for any reason the cost of repairing you will cost many times what the cost of the bike will be.

I have (BODILY INJURY & PROPERTY DAMAGE LIABILITY) 250k, 500k and 100k which is max in the event something bad were to happen to me in an accident.

And this is done through my car / bike insurance I already have as well as if they provide that kind of insurance? Or what company is yours through. And you mean not insure the bike at all? I was also looking at the SV650 and such but it's such a tall bike.

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

I mean motorcycle insurance, but max it out so in the event something happens your covered for max hospital coverage as the cost can escalate very quick from medical bills.

I have progressive insurance.

The SV650 is a very popular bike for people graduating from smaller beginner bikes.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

There are many more issues with lowering a bike than just the geometry and you have to lower the front and rear together or you're gonna have a bad time.

Op honestly you should get a starter bike like a ninja 300 and once you're experienced move up to a bigger bike.

Also I know short girls who ride stock bikes so if they can you can too.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I wouldn't jump right on a 600 with no experience bro. Start on a 250-300 as Broke suggested then graduate up.

I am 5'7 and was comfortable on my R1 so just go sit on them and see what works best.

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

So I was looking at getting a 250/300 as my first bike, but I've ridden bikes before and as I am a college student, I was just looking at it as "get it now so you don't have to upgrade later" as money coming isnt in LIKE THAT (yet). Just never ridden a SS. Than again, all I rode was cruisers.

If you guys are saying it due to the fact of how sensitive the throttle is / getting used to the overall feeling, I get what you mean. I've ridden bikes before but how big is the difference between SS and cruisers (I assume a lot when it comes to the throttle). I've driven a manual my whole life so it was easy to grasp the shifting (except the 1 to N to 2nd but in used to it now).

Are you guys recommending a smaller bike due to just riding in gerneal and getting used to the environment so I don't kill my self or are you saying that as assuming I have 0 knowledge of riding a bike / throttle / etc.

Also, for a 300cc, it's around 2-3grand. For a 600cc, it's around 3-5 grand. Not a huge price difference either which supports me leaning towards a 600. But as I said, advice is good so if you guys are saying 300 is the way to go, I'll consider it more. Thanks

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Archived