Where is 4 volts on hifonics amp?

akuma4u

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey i got a hifonics x1500 amp

i need to get it to 4volts to match my pioneer head unit

the amps sensitivity ranges from 9v to 0.2v

where is 4 volts going to be? some days i have it around 12 oclock , some days i push it to 1 or past 1, and sometimes i have it at 10 or 11.. i cant figure out where 4 v is and i dont have a voltmeter or anything to test..

so anyone with a hifonics amp pls let me know.. thanks

also on my pioneer double din avh x4600bt, the sub level goes from -24 to +6

is it ok to leave it at +6? or should it be set to 0?

i find when its at 0 the gain has to be turned up quite a bit or a lot of bass boost has to be introduced in order for the subs to thump proper..

I'm late but I'll threw in my 0.02 cents. This thread really went down the toilet in a hurry. Aside from being a wise ass, or sarcastic these guys are really here to help you. And they did! Trust me I've argued with these guys before, but they really are helping you.

You're asking a question that is difficult to answer. Take this lesson I learned after using a SMD CC-1 and the potentiometer you want to "turn".

When I was tuning a Crossfire amp, and my gf's daughter's bass amp, I originally set the frequency cut off to the middle since the range given is 50Hz (at 7 o'clock) all the way up to 250Hz (5 oclock). Thinking that the half way point would yield 250-50=200/2=100hz. Turns out, when I chose 90 Hz cut off, the cut off was actually landing at about 9 oclock! There was a slight variance from amp to amp, and the setting was hard to hit. We're talking fraction of a mm to get the blue light to stay on. Anyhow, this meant my originally setting was adding a sh!t load of unnecessary noise muddying up the bass!

I'm so impressed with the CC-1, I'm going to get a SMD DD-1 so I can really tune my stereo. (Actually I want my gf to buy it for Xmas since, sh!t, I did buy her daughter a truck and all!)

Further more, even if some one can tell you where to turn the knob to blindly attempt to match your head unit, how do you know the location is legit? And are they using the same head unit? Did they verify if with a test tone? It never ceases to amaze me that "we" (yes we) enter something blindly, are given direct......direction, and yet "we" say "Thanks, but I just need the answer to my question.There's got to be a ball park setting."

You inadvertently opened yourself up to the banter. Don't feel bad, we all were there once. We all learn as we go.

Here is a link. Get a freaking multimeter and do it right. When you can get the good stuff, than you're really see what you have been missing.

-Frank

Worst method ever of setting the gains, worse then setting the gain by eye..

lol I have to chime in for old times sake. DMM method is fine. it was the way everyone did it for decades. Ohms law hasn't changed. Used a dmm to put 24kw to one mayhem in a team mates car, 12k to two mayhem 12"s in mine, 3k at .25ohm, plus plenty other systems, and ran them hard for competitions. guess what, I never roasted a coil and had the loudest musical 12"s for a while until someone came after me and ran their amps at .17 strapped or some shit, also tuned with a DMM.

as for HU clipping. buy a good HU, leave everything flat, and take 25% off the max volume, or more. sure I'd advocate using an oscope but if you do those three things you wont be roasting any coils from head unit clipping.

go ahead and argue. I'll just chuckle to myself.

*disclaimer for internet rage. Note that I didn't comment on or claim "the best method" only arguing with this guys extremely horrible understanding and comparison*

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

LOL. I agree with Skittles. My HU goes up to 38. I stay at 30. At 32 the volume is louder, but no way to tell if it's clipping or not. Can't wait til Xmas to get the DD1. If you don't know....don't go there. Play it safe til you have the equipment to verify. All these tools from SMD are excellent takes the guess work out of it, but you can still go back to the basics like Skittles said.

-Frank

Do we just pm the person? I was able to find one in Phoenix

Was it me?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Do we just pm the person? I was able to find one in Phoenix
Was it me?
It was wildrow? I saw yours but I think your about a 40 minute drive from where I'm at

Locked..If you all can't behave like adults then please don't post... We don't need this drama and BS

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Archived