Sundown Audio

Too bad it's at 14 volts instead of something realistic for a 12 volt system

Thats why there is 12v amps, for people who run 12v electrical. IMO big boy amps need big boy electrical.

Won't disagree with you that the SCV needs big boy electrical.

However, I'd like you to show me a 12v tested amp instead of a 14.4 tested. I don't think I have come across a korean board that isn't 14.4 tested.

just so you are aware.. the scv amp is not like the rest.. its made to be efficient at lower voltage so it actually needs less electrical than other amps to get its rated power.. somehow im getting the feeling you dont know much about the SCV line of amps

Thats why there is 12v amps, for people who run 12v electrical. IMO big boy amps need big boy electrical.

However, I'd like you to show me a 12v tested amp instead of a 14.4 tested. I don't think I have come across a korean board that isn't 14.4 tested.

just so you are aware.. the scv amp is not like the rest.. its made to be efficient at lower voltage so it actually needs less electrical than other amps to get its rated power.. somehow im getting the feeling you dont know much about the SCV line of amps

No I wasn't aware that their efficiency is greater at lower voltages...

If the amps had an ability to do that.. why wouldn't they compare it to a similar quality amp at 12 volts to show its ability to do so. That would be something cool to see.

its not that its greater its just more efficient than other amps that can be ran on high voltage setups (sundown amps). the scv 7500 could have been rated 8500 at 14.4. but they kept the rating low on it but most SCV line from sundown do well at 14v they exceed the rated power on all testing.. thats why i say if you cant keep the 7500 happy get the scv4000 because they will do about the same power if the 7500 is not happy

This isn't true. They have the same efficiency as the SAZ line. They put out more power at similar voltages, but not at greater efficiency.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

so they put out more power with similar voltage and are not more efficient? okay

making more power with same voltage sounds like its efficient.. now if its amperage we are talking about then there is a difference but the scv line puts out more power over the saz line .. we are talking voltage wise not amperage

the scv will make more power at 12v over other amps that are high voltage.. for instance the scv put out more power than my dc 9k at 12v but the 9k would kill it at 16v and even more at 18v.. this line of amps is made to make power at 12v system

Edited by Miguels
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

This isn't true. They have the same efficiency as the SAZ line. They put out more power at similar voltages, but not at greater efficiency.

:huh:

• Like (+1 Rep) 1