first time on the meter

Pictures with said setup/vehicle? Because your current score seems rather low to me..

What vehicle? As asked above. Seems your fighting vehicle res like mad, if your truly tuned that low, and peak that damn high.

I dont even carry tones in the 40's lol.

Tune 10hz higher and youll gain right there, but, the funs go down IMHO .

04 liberty jeep. no pics at the moment I'm on mobile. sub up port up. only way I could fit the box... which I didn't make. Its a fatbox. My peak is around 46. I really didn't have much time to do playing around and I only had a few test tones at negative 5 db. so I just went with music. I def lose output quick into the 30s n 20s.

2004 Jeep Liberty Limited

2 13w7s

skar 3500

cnf mids (soon)

xs batteries

I'm going to new mexico for a week for work. but when I get the other sub in. me n wicks r gonna go nuts with testing. I wanted to clamp it n run a sig gen n figure out rise and what not. I can always drop to .38 ohm but I don't wanna do it without knowing all the ins n outs of my setup first. I know 150 is a lofty goal. shit I'm happy with a 40.

2 13w7s

skar 3500

cnf mids (soon)

xs batteries

I think it was a hell of a decent first attempt on the meter, especially with just one sub and not pushing the amp at all...

Yes, of course a 50 is a lofty goal and right now its just a goal, not expected.

Setup is one 13W7 on a Skar3500 at 3ohms (most likely rising a bit over that). We can do an impedance sweep and see exactly where its at :good:

I forget the port dimensions, but its fairly conservative. So there's room there.

Plus the system was DD-1'd at a conservative -5dB offset and we just played around with a couple quick songs.

I'm still stuck in home-renovation mode so I didn't have a lot of time to mess around... :(

We'll line up some sine sweeps and test tones to get more accurate numbers.

:drinks:

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

I know you guys can achieve better results, especially when Wicks is in the game :D Good luck with the testings!
I'd still like to see some pics of the box, though. I'm no box expert, but I could help with a thing or two if needed. And also, 150 for two 13w7's is pretty achievable in my opinion :)

I'm gonna start a build log when I start tryin to glass my doors and we rlly start playin around with tuning. id def like to see if I can build a diff box to flatten out my response from 40s to mid 20s. I modeled a few a while back and i remember at around 3.5 cubes per sub will give me within 3 db down to 24 or so hz from mid 40s. I'm just not sure about my available space. ill throw up some pics when I'm back in denver n maybe u guys can give me some ideas on how to free up more trunk space!

2 13w7s

skar 3500

cnf mids (soon)

xs batteries

Archived