Second Skin Audio

sub box in extend cab truck for 2 8's or 10s

gibblegeibel

i was looking to put two subs in my truck. it is a 99 ford f250 extended cab truck. i have not decided on which yet of 2 10's or two 8s. but i was planning on taking the back seat out and replacing it with a sub box. and using it as a seat as well as a box. i like to keep the things functional so i still use the back seat. even thought it ain't much, i was planning on going for a ported box if i could but, i wanted your guys opinion on this.

Well the first thing to do is figure out exactly how much space you are willing to give up. That will tell you what size and how many subs you can run. Most people use ported boxes if possible, though sealed can do well too. What kind of music do you listen to?

Your budget will determine how much wattage you can run and thus what subs will be appropriate. How much are you looking to spend?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Had 2 sundown 8" sd in a sealed .75cf on 600 watts where very nice.

VM-1

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Hertz HSK 165XL

Arc Audio KS 300.2

Linear Power 1002 Full Mods

Fi Audio Q 10s

Sundown Audio Scv 3000

Big 3

XS Power D5100 Juice Box 20AH

Singer Alternator

Sky High Wire

<p>My Ebay feedback. http://feedback.ebay...tab=AllFeedback

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/201551-2-xl12s-box-as-backseat-port-help/page-1

Here's a link I'm doing the exact same thing in my 07 f250 extended cab for (2) 12's ported. Honestly if I were to do it over I would shrink the box and do 10's. Im very interested in seeing how yours turns out.

TeamDeadlyHertz-bman8891.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived