WHAT SIZE alternator do i need for 5000 watt rms

*@*@*@*@*@*@*@How Much is Too Much?

You can never have too much amperage when it comes to alternators; therefore, you never have to worry about choosing an alternator with too high of a rated output. Here’s why:

Amperage is basically the amount of electrical current your alternator can supply. And it basically operates off of supply and demand. That is, your alternator will only supply the amount of amperage a particular component demands—and no more. So high-output alternators will not harm your components or charging system, no matter how high you go with the amps.@*@*@*@*@*@*@

JUST read this off 5 things u should know about how alts. I'm getting a lot of conflicted research

In general. I know it's not a constant supply .

alright. So the only thing to be worried about it sounds like is how many amps the rotor draws could damage shit. But if the rotor is a high output Billet style. From what I've read I don't see a problem. BROKE what do u think bro?

Bigger is not always better. For example if you have a vehicle that idles low, a 270 is going to perform much better than a 320. Now, a 370 will perform just as well as the 270 with a low idle platform.

OP, the 270 and the battery bank you're planning on running will be fine. The only problem you might run into is the vehicles regulating system. There are ways to bypass this though. Contact one of the reputable companies previously mentioned and they will get you setup with why you need.

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

Bigger is not always better. For example if you have a vehicle that idles low, a 270 is going to perform much better than a 320. Now, a 370 will perform just as well as the 270 with a low idle platform.

OP, the 270 and the battery bank you're planning on running will be fine. The only problem you might run into is the vehicles regulating system. There are ways to bypass this though. Contact one of the reputable companies previously mentioned and they will get you setup with why you need.

^^^^^ this.

The companies mentioned Singer,us alt, mechman, dc power, they all know what they are doing and ask for you make and model and all that good stuff before giving you a list of what's compatible. Pick 1 and talk to them or talk to them all but they are more than willing to help you.

Still learning but have started gathering.

Once again I would say screw dealing with any of the hassle of messing with the factory system get a dual alt bracket and run the system off the aftermarket alt as a standalone system.

Worth the extra cost of the bracket in my opinion.

yes a 270 will do you fine for what you're running.

Any of the reputable companies should be able to set you up with what you need.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Once again I would say screw dealing with any of the hassle of messing with the factory system get a dual alt bracket and run the system off the aftermarket alt as a standalone system.

Worth the extra cost of the bracket in my opinion.

yes a 270 will do you fine for what you're running.

Any of the reputable companies should be able to set you up with what you need.

So am I gonna have to get another battery broke are will I be able to do that with the two I have

Archived