Everyone who rides 2 wheels should read this

dents ontop of the tank

20151109_145226_zpsf0ppmubn.jpg

Man, nasty. It'll get worse before it gets better. Hope healing goes quick.

Speaking of getting worse...not to be rude or gay or anything...but I hope you got some ice on your nuts right away. Telltale dents below the ProGrip...

Static drops are my bag.

dents ontop of the tank

20151109_145226_zpsf0ppmubn.jpg

Man, nasty. It'll get worse before it gets better. Hope healing goes quick.

Speaking of getting worse...not to be rude or gay or anything...but I hope you got some ice on your nuts right away. Telltale dents below the ProGrip...

Bahahahahahahha that is funny as hell man. Makes my jaw hurt I am smiling so much. They actually when I first arrived at the hostpital. They did X-Rays from my knees all the way up to my brain to see what was broken because I was completely unconcious. My nads are doing well however, my jaw I must keep ice on it on a daily basis or I wont be able to even attempt to make sounds hahaha

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

After my 5th or 6th time of being told " i'm sorry i didn't see you" comments, i ride with my high beams on full time, i'm sorry to those that have to deal with it, but unlike a car my life depends on it. I have logged over 30k miles in the last 2+ years i have had my bike, and since i have had my brights on, i have not had one single incident where i was not seen by someone.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

I'm glad you are alright. Those are usually the kind of accidents with quite a bit of damage.

I see your helmet cracked, it looks to be a bit old. Maybe that's why it cracked instead of flexing. I don't see any speeds quoted so I assume it wasn't above 30mph.

I agree with the whole opening post, but are you sure this is a reason to stop riding (during rush hours)?

I wouldn't stop riding, but I've never had such a bad accident so I might change my mind when it eventually happens. I've only been riding for 3.5years with only 40k miles under my belt.

Did you have a good back protector in your jacket?(im not pointing fingers, I just want to know if the back protector did it's work)

The helmet was given to me for free from my father, I wouldn't have probably been able to afford such an expensive helmet. I would be lucky to wear some crappy HJC that sits at ever american motocycle store lol. The accident happened on a street with the speed limit set to 45mph. I on a daily basis drove passed cops doing 50 because it was a industrial park and never got pulled once, so I can only assume that was the speed I was going. As for driving less during peak driving hours, yes. I drove every single day I could, there where whole weeks my car wouldn't even start because I rode my bike so much. On a daily basis, I would swerve out of multiple people's way just to avoid near collisions or accidents because people pay more attention to other things than the road they should be paying attention to. This is my first REAL street bike, had it only for less than 10 months and put 5k miles on it on the time I had it. As far as a back protector, no I didn't. My father lost that as well as the warm inner linner for winter months when he gave me the jacket for free. I can't wait to get another bike, look forward so much to my midnight rides into the city of Chicago.

Edit: I noticed your are in Belgium as well. I don't know much about traffic patterns and the population sizes out their, but I live outside Chicago. The largest city in the entirety of North America, Before this crash, I actually thought about spending a few days paying attention to driving to make a total count of how many sit on their phones talking, texting, browsing or doing other things than actually driving. Literally on a daily basis, I counted at minimum 1-2 dozen drivers, alone, in the 10 miles from my mouse to work that just alone, had a phone planted in front of their face. I am not speaking of the slick people who move the device away at the right time to not seem like they are using it. I could probably have doubled the amount of people in that same 10 mile span of people who constantly pull GPS coords up, texts and all sorts of shit without pulling off the road, instead staying on it, and putting all those in danger around them.

HJC helmets are actually very good (from a safety aspect).

Population sizes is low but traffic jams are among the worst in Europe. Especially around Brussels (capital of Europe.), The average traffic jam around it is usually about 60-70miles long.

On the average drive I think I notice about the same amount of people using their cellphone,GPS,radio, tablet,laptop, read their newspaper, make some sandwiches, put on make-up,....

That's quite the speed, you are lucky to be relatively unharmed. I've known people run into a car at about 40mph, and let's just say it was a lot worse.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

I'm glad you are alright. Those are usually the kind of accidents with quite a bit of damage.

I see your helmet cracked, it looks to be a bit old. Maybe that's why it cracked instead of flexing. I don't see any speeds quoted so I assume it wasn't above 30mph.

I agree with the whole opening post, but are you sure this is a reason to stop riding (during rush hours)?

I wouldn't stop riding, but I've never had such a bad accident so I might change my mind when it eventually happens. I've only been riding for 3.5years with only 40k miles under my belt.

Did you have a good back protector in your jacket?(im not pointing fingers, I just want to know if the back protector did it's work)

The helmet was given to me for free from my father, I wouldn't have probably been able to afford such an expensive helmet. I would be lucky to wear some crappy HJC that sits at ever american motocycle store lol. The accident happened on a street with the speed limit set to 45mph. I on a daily basis drove passed cops doing 50 because it was a industrial park and never got pulled once, so I can only assume that was the speed I was going. As for driving less during peak driving hours, yes. I drove every single day I could, there where whole weeks my car wouldn't even start because I rode my bike so much. On a daily basis, I would swerve out of multiple people's way just to avoid near collisions or accidents because people pay more attention to other things than the road they should be paying attention to. This is my first REAL street bike, had it only for less than 10 months and put 5k miles on it on the time I had it. As far as a back protector, no I didn't. My father lost that as well as the warm inner linner for winter months when he gave me the jacket for free. I can't wait to get another bike, look forward so much to my midnight rides into the city of Chicago.

Edit: I noticed your are in Belgium as well. I don't know much about traffic patterns and the population sizes out their, but I live outside Chicago. The largest city in the entirety of North America, Before this crash, I actually thought about spending a few days paying attention to driving to make a total count of how many sit on their phones talking, texting, browsing or doing other things than actually driving. Literally on a daily basis, I counted at minimum 1-2 dozen drivers, alone, in the 10 miles from my mouse to work that just alone, had a phone planted in front of their face. I am not speaking of the slick people who move the device away at the right time to not seem like they are using it. I could probably have doubled the amount of people in that same 10 mile span of people who constantly pull GPS coords up, texts and all sorts of shit without pulling off the road, instead staying on it, and putting all those in danger around them.

HJC helmets are actually very good (from a safety aspect).

Population sizes is low but traffic jams are among the worst in Europe. Especially around Brussels (capital of Europe.), The average traffic jam around it is usually about 60-70miles long.

On the average drive I think I notice about the same amount of people using their cellphone,GPS,radio, tablet,laptop, read their newspaper, make some sandwiches, put on make-up,....

That's quite the speed, you are lucky to be relatively unharmed. I've known people run into a car at about 40mph, and let's just say it was a lot worse.

Will the hjc I was shown failed miserably in a test I was shown at least. I know a kid without a helmet hit a parked car going 30, he is not the same person at all anymore,no where near it.

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Scorpion makes some really good helmets that are budget friendly, a bunch of guys I know that race wear them and for me if its good enough to race in then it's good for the street.

You should always buy the most expensive helmet you can afford because I mean after all you are protecting the most important part of your body with it.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Helmets also have a lifespan and should be replaced every 5 years as well or after any sort of impact (even just dropping it)

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

nice to hear that you are ok..the bike can be replaced your life cant..

also a rider but Quad style over here..and sometimes moped..but yeah some people dont know how to drive and they make some horrible mistakes..yesterday morning i was going for a ride on my quad and there is some guy with a 320d on the phone..those big phones that looks like a tablet and he hit my back of the bike so he somehow broke my license plate..no harm done either way but he deffinetly got a nice ticket..

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

nice to hear that you are ok..the bike can be replaced your life cant..

also a rider but Quad style over here..and sometimes moped..but yeah some people dont know how to drive and they make some horrible mistakes..yesterday morning i was going for a ride on my quad and there is some guy with a 320d on the phone..those big phones that looks like a tablet and he hit my back of the bike so he somehow broke my license plate..no harm done either way but he deffinetly got a nice ticket..

Good looking on that one for that guy.

But as others have said, don't cheap out when it's something they can safe the entirety of your life!

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm