So a friend of mine purchased an OM-1 for me last christmas and shortly after that i had a transmission failure which caused me to loose the inspiration i had for car audio until i was able to get it fixed and going again. well about a week ago i finally got my trans fixed and got the car audio itch back and decided to work on my car audio project. well i got my amp in and that all well and good and installed the OM-1 according to the manual and cranked the car and it turned on with a brilliant display for blue and white LED's and i went to adjust it according to the manual and no matter what volume i had my system on i could not get this thing to light up more than the very first LED. I absolutely love the look of the product and want to use it very badly. (Ive met someone with a DD-1 and CC-1 who is going to help me truly set my gains and crossovers correctly) but i wanted to calibrate the OM-1 with the DD-1 so i know what going on with my system. But i can't get the OM-1 to do anything no matter which way i adjust the adjustment pot on the back of the device.

So i looked in the manual at the trouble shooting section that i saw and it says that in this case make sure that the device is connected to the amp signal so the first thing i do is unhook the OM-1 and connect the grey signal lead directly to the speaker (+) with no wire between the device and the amp besides the grey signal wire. this is an SAZ-1200d. and still nothing so then i changed to the other (+) output (even though its a monoblock just as a precaution in case one of the outputs was messed up) and still nothing. It does not say whether to try the speaker (-) so i have not done that but what else could be the problem? i had downloaded the DD-1 tracks online from D'amore and was play the -5dB 40 hz track while doing so and turning the adjustment pot did nothing.

One thing i did not do was unplug the speakers while adjusting the device but surely that wouldnt have any effect. But i may very well be wrong and if i am i totally understand. Im just not sure what else to try.

the adjustment pot turns pretty easily and only has a range of about 1 full turn or maybe a turn and a half. is this right or should it turn further?

any advice would be great.

I have emailed [email protected] about it but i thought i could ask on here just to see if anyone had any other suggestions before i here back from d'Amore.

Thanks

Greg

1998 chevy blazer 4 door

stock alt 105a

Battery: Autocraft Gold 75-3

Big Three in Sky High Car Audio 4ga

subs: rockford p2 12's (soon to be sundown SA 12's)

Sundown SAZ-1200d on the subs

Mids and Highs: Infinity kappa 6.5 mid in front doors and tweets in Dash 

sae 50.4 for mids and highs

SMD OM-1 on the subs

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are u turning the adjust dial in the correct direction? This happened to me as well but it was user error on my part. It does take minor adjustment to get the light going.

HU: Pioneer 4100 NEX
Subs: 2 Rockford Fosgate R2SD4-10"
Amp: Rockford Fosgate P500-1bd wired @ 1ohm
Front: Polk Audio Components DB6501
Amp: Pioneer GM A5602 wired @ 4 ohm
Rear: Polk Audio Coaxials db651s
(2) OM-1s, (1) VM-1

When opening the back it was already turned all the way counter clockwise I tried clockwise and it made no differwnce. I turned until it clearly stopped and was afraid to turn it any more. But I turned fully both ways and there was no difference

1998 chevy blazer 4 door

stock alt 105a

SMD OM-1 on the subs

Any other suggestions?

1998 chevy blazer 4 door

stock alt 105a

SMD OM-1 on the subs

I tried doing the same thing like you did and initially it did nothing. I did notice by turning it slow in the indicated direction (don't remember off hand which way the manual says) mine came to life. Are your wires connected properly? Power, remote and signal? Some amps require to be tapped in on a certain channel.

(2) OM-1s, (1) VM-1

I have tried slowly turning fully counter clockwise and clockwise. i assume i have everything correctly wire. it comes on when i turn the key on so i assume power and ground and remote are correct. i have the remote connected to remote on the headunit same as the amp. and the signal running to the positive on the amp.

Could OFC vs CCA signal wire make a difference cause i just used some 14 gauge CCA remote i had laying around as my wire for the signal. i wouldn't think it would have made it not funcation properly but i could be wrong.

Edit- its on a monoblock amp which i assume from the manual means that it should be on the (+) speaker output.

Edited by gmoxley1

1998 chevy blazer 4 door

stock alt 105a

SMD OM-1 on the subs

some bigger gauge wire won't work from what I can tell. I tried 14 from a distance of my amp which is located behind my back seat of my avalanche to the front center consoles and got nothing! I swapped to some 16/18 gauge and it worked.

(2) OM-1s, (1) VM-1

Hmm very odd that larger gauge wouldn't work but it's worth a try! Thanks!

1998 chevy blazer 4 door

stock alt 105a

SMD OM-1 on the subs

• 2 weeks later...

Well I tried smaller wire ofc and cca with no luck... the only thing I have yet to try is using the (-) speaker output. Is it safe to try? I assume since the out put is AC current it shouldn't make a difference but in the manual it says that some two and four channel amps sometimes you need to use the (-) speaker output. But this is a monoblock.

1998 chevy blazer 4 door

stock alt 105a

SMD OM-1 on the subs

Sorry to be impatient but anybody got any recommendations as far as whether I should try the (-) speaker output? That's the only thing I can think of that I haven't done.

1998 chevy blazer 4 door

stock alt 105a

SMD OM-1 on the subs